What Have I Done?

Old March 19th 09, 03:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Megan Zurawicz[_2_]

Default What Have I Done?

Find a wall!

--pig

On 3/18/09 23:12, in article , "Polly
Esther" wrote:

I have created a wall hanging. Now what do I
do? I'm not in Kansas anymore. Polly

Old March 19th 09, 04:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

My Dear Polly, all quilts are art quilts -- IMHO. We create with our
hands and our hearts and art blooms. Sometimes art keeps a child warm
or wraps us in a HUG or cushions the floor for a dear old pet's aging
bones. These quilts comfort our bodies. But sometimes we need that art
up on a wall, comforting our souls. The beauty of warm and cool
fabrics meeting in the middle, the light and dark dancing with each
other.......it's impossible to put that quilt away on a bed. We need
it to be there for the times when we can't wrap up and give ourselves
over to comfort. Look at the beauty and strength or softness on the
wall and be comforted, be enriched, be challenged, be inspired. That,
dear Miz Polly, is what you've made. You're still in Kansas, you've
just decided to color the walls.

Hugs and congratulations,
Sunny
(I really, really want to see photos)

Polly Esther wrote:
A wallhanging? Me? No way.
I've always thought of quilts as treasures for wrapping around and
comforting.
I've never particularly understood art quilts or had any enthusiasm for
a modern, contemporary sort of abstract.
Nope. Not me. You all just carry on and I'll cheer you on but the
concepts escape me.
I made a string quilt. Began with square muslin blocks. Laid a red
strip on the diagonal and wandered off with warm colors in one direction and
blues/cools in the other. Just using scraps. Diminishing the scrap bin.
That's all.
Put it on the design wall.
It's wonderful. It's gorgeous. I can Not bring me to continue to
turn it into a bed cover. It needs its own wall just for being admired,
considered, thought about. I have created a wall hanging. Now what do I
do? I'm not in Kansas anymore. Polly

Old March 19th 09, 04:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_2_]

What do you do? You hang it on the wall!!!!! :-O

Donna in SW Idaho

snip, snip

Old March 19th 09, 06:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ME-Judy[_6_]

Congratulations, Polly! You have made a "happy" for your wall!
You've entered a whole new dimension of quilting. Sometimes a WUH (I hate
that term actually) is the best way to try out a pattern, make a gift, or
just do a fun project with scraps.
Enjoy it! And show us a picture.
ME-Judy

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
A wallhanging? Me? No way.
I've always thought of quilts as treasures for wrapping around and
comforting.
Nope. Not me. You all just carry on and I'll cheer you on but the
concepts escape me.
I made a string quilt. . Diminishing the scrap bin. That's all.

Old March 19th 09, 07:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kiteflyer

Send it to me and you won't have to feel bad about making a wallhanging
LOL I might send you chocolate in return

--
Denny in Fort Wayne
http://community.webshots.com/user/kiteflyer54

/\
/ \
/ \
\ /
\ /
\/
\
\
/
\
\
/
\
Old March 19th 09, 08:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Polly Esther wrote:

A wallhanging? Me? No way.
I've always thought of quilts as treasures for wrapping around and
comforting.
I've never particularly understood art quilts or had any
enthusiasm for a modern, contemporary sort of abstract.

slick beg Denny. : )
Taria
Old March 20th 09, 03:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I'll just have to find a place. The WH is such a surprise that I really
don't know where it should go. I can not make it into a bed quilt. Doesn't
seem to be any choice except to lovingly quilt it, put sleeves at the top
and bottom for hanging and listen. This creation has a life of its own and
I won't be surprised if it already chosen a room to take over. Polly

Old March 20th 09, 12:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 08:00:02 -0500, Polly Esther wrote
(in article ):

Nice shot, Maureen. You're getting as good as the best here.
What this WH calls for is a beautiful staircase like the one in Carol
Doak's cd on paperpiecing. We don't have a 2nd story, hardly even have an
attic. Wonder if DH could be persuaded that I really need a staircase?
Polly

"Maureen Wozniak" wrote I'm sure I could find it a home if you absolutely
don't have any walls at all
in your house.

ROTFLOL! I'm just picturing a staircase in your living room leading to the
ceiling. I think I need one too.

Maureen

Old March 20th 09, 12:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

Poor, Polly.....inducted into the world of WUH's unwillingly...some of
us went there in chains, others by the hair, and still we plod
on...LOL!
i am quite sure it's gorgeous, no matter the size!
cant wait to see it!

amy in CNY
Old March 20th 09, 01:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
judyanna

On Mar 19, 9:00*am, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Nice shot, Maureen. *You're getting as good as the best here.
* * What this WH calls for is a beautiful staircase like the one in Carol

Watch out Polly, or he'll be building you "a stairway to heaven!"

Judy from Mass