good website template for jewelry sales?

Old May 22nd 08, 02:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Default good website template for jewelry sales?

Anyone know of a good place to get very budget friendly or even free
templates that would be helpful in selling jewelry. I can modify it,
change colors, swap logo, etc., I just don't have time to build it.
I'm hoping for one that has Content Management System and that has a
"store" like component already set up.

Thanks.

Meteor
Old May 23rd 08, 07:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On May 22, 3:52 am, wrote:
Anyone know of a good place to get very budget friendly or even free
templates that would be helpful in selling jewelry. I can modify it,
change colors, swap logo, etc., I just don't have time to build it.
I'm hoping for one that has Content Management System and that has a
"store" like component already set up.

I wish ...
mine is hand written, including the tables and tags, and I wish I
knew enough CSS to make style sheets rather than formatting by
putting tables inside of tables, forget shopping cart and all that.

If anybody has one, me too ...
(but I'd want to keep my format because I like it)

Aloha,
Maren
HiloBeads: Beads - Beading Supplies - Hand-made Jewelry
http://www.hilobeads.com/
Blog at: http://hilobeads.blogspot.com/
Old May 24th 08, 04:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

On May 23, 1:55 pm, Maren at google wrote:
On May 22, 3:52 am, wrote:

Anyone know of a good place to get very budget friendly or even free
templates that would be helpful in selling jewelry. I can modify it,
change colors, swap logo, etc., I just don't have time to build it.
I'm hoping for one that has Content Management System and that has a
"store" like component already set up.

I wish ...
mine is hand written, including the tables and tags, and I wish I
knew enough CSS to make style sheets rather than formatting by
putting tables inside of tables, forget shopping cart and all that.

If anybody has one, me too ...
(but I'd want to keep my format because I like it)

Aloha,
Maren
HiloBeads: Beads - Beading Supplies - Hand-made Jewelryhttp://www.hilobeads.com/
Blog at:http://hilobeads.blogspot.com/

Hi Maren ~

I see you are able to post now! Cooo. Adios, er, aloha!

Libbi
Old May 24th 08, 07:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

Default good website template for jewelry sales? - posting

On May 24, 5:57 am, wrote:

Hi Maren ~

I see you are able to post now! Cooo. Adios, er, aloha!

Libbi

I figured out which line they didn't let me post g.

As for web templates:
I don't know what keeps me from tackling shopping
carts, but there's always enough other stuff to do to
keep me from tackling new things (including other
new things). Mary's (chaddock) website looks simple
enough as the layout goes and has a shopping cart in
it. I know Kalera (beadwife) has inventory management,
but I also know that Moxley wrote that.
I really honestly can't recommend mine because it's
too much work to maintain.

Adios and Aloha,

Old May 24th 08, 09:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
chaddock

Even a simple site takes a lot of time to maintain.
I use Google Apps to host my website (it's free). You select one of
their templates and edit the pages via their web management tools.
The interface is similar to blogspot's editor. I have a few gripes,
but overall it's not bad.
The shopping cart is also a freebie from PayPal. If you have a paypal
account (verified), they provide you with an online tool. You input
the price, description, shipping costs, and a few other things and
they generate the javascript code for you to paste into you web page.
You get the "Add to Cart" icon and PayPal takes care everything else.

The biggest time consumer for me is keeping my inventory up to date
(Adding new item & deleting sold ones).

-m

Jewelry By Chaddock - Handmade in Texas! :-)
( www.jewelrybychaddock.com )
Old June 13th 08, 07:07 PM
Original Findings Original Findings is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Anyone know of a good place to get very budget friendly or even free
templates that would be helpful in selling jewelry. I can modify it,
change colors, swap logo, etc., I just don't have time to build it.
I'm hoping for one that has Content Management System and that has a
"store" like component already set up.

Thanks.

Meteor
I have a website for jewelry that I have used for years and love it.

You can sign up at www.artfulwebsolutions.com

It is not free but has many wonderful aspects and is well worth the investment.