OT Just got to share

Old June 19th 11, 03:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen Tucker

Default OT Just got to share

LOL! Good one!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Two elderly people living in Apache Junction, he was a widower and she a
widow, had known each other for a number of years. One evening there was a
community supper in the big arena in the Clubhouse.
The two were at the same table, across from one another. As the meal went
on, he took a few admiring glances at her and finally gathered the courage
to ask her, 'Will you marry me?'
After about six seconds of 'careful consideration,' she answered 'Yes. Yes,
I will!'

The meal ended and, with a few more pleasant exchanges, they went to their
respective places. Next morning, he was troubled. 'Did she say 'yes' or did
she say 'no'?' He couldn't remember. Try as he might, he just could not
recall. Not even a faint memory.

With trepidation, he went to the telephone and called her. First, he
explained that he didn't remember as well as he used to. Then he reviewed
the lovely evening past.. As he gained a little more courage, he inquired,
'When I asked if you would marry me, did you say ' Yes' or did you say
'No'?'

He was delighted to hear her say, 'Why, I said, 'Yes, yes I will' and I
meant it with all my heart.' Then she continued, 'And I am so glad that you
called, because I couldn't remember who had asked me.' Polly

Old June 19th 11, 06:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Thanks for leaving the text attached Karen -it was a good one indeed.
And the original did not appear! I have forwarded it to a friend who
needs more humor in her life. Wish she lived closer to our Polly.
Roberta in D

Old June 19th 11, 07:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Yes, Karen, thank you for repeating for me. The funny story had been
forwarded to me and I tried my best to change the fonts ( or whatevers) so
they would be acceptable to everybody's readers.
I have always suffered from insufficient memory and those dear old
folks did make me LOL.
And Roberta - send her on down. We have some neighbors who never appear
to be happy so one day I really did ask, "What makes you happy?" Can
you imagine that they seriously replied, "I can't think of a thing".
Polly

news

Old June 20th 11, 04:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Would you believe I bought a Bernina from a lady who was going to make
fluffy pink tutus for horses and discovered that the Janome would do a wider
zigzag than the Bernina? I didn't believe her until she sent me a picture
of one of her horse costumes. I dunno about alligators though. They only
perform when bribed with special treats and we have run out of insurance
adjustors. It happens. Polly

"Bobbie Sews More" wrote in message
We have some neighbors who never appear
to be happy so one day I really did ask, "What makes you happy?"
Can you imagine that they seriously replied, "I can't think of a thing".
Polly

Maybe you could have a "special show" with the dancing alligators in the
neighbors front yard! Surely that would make everyone smile! It wouldn't
take long to stitch up some little pink skirts for the females!
Barbara in HOT SC

Old June 20th 11, 07:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

I do some copy editing from time to time. One piece was about a NY
boutique especially for extremely wealthy dogs. Did you know your girl
dogs need day and evening wear? and coordinating accessories? (I
personally wouldn't want my dog to be better dressed than I am!)
Roberta in D

Had to Share.... DAB Yarn 1 January 29th 07 04:39 AM
OT-have to share Anna Belle Quilting 3 May 18th 06 01:08 AM
AD and share - mostly share from Glitzy Glass Studio Inspired by Deepwood Art Beads! Glitzy Glass Beads 2 September 29th 05 07:10 PM
Share & Tell Mj Beads 8 October 15th 04 12:48 PM
Must share this Cheryl Isaak Needlework 41 March 8th 04 11:34 AM