Ping Am I here?

Old June 14th 11, 04:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Ping Am I here?

We've had an overdose of t-r-o-u-b-l-e-s. The paperboy didn't come, the
electricity came and went, the phone buzzed if we tried to make a call, the
Yorkie had the throw-ups, an elderly pecan tree fell to the ground AND my
computer got attacked by a vicious malicious virus - and I am very careful
and have the best anti-everything money can buy.
There were 7 crisis-i at the same time and if I've missed one, I'm sure
you don't mind.
Now. Maybe. I've had the computer washed clean of all childhood and
latest and worstest virisuii . . .
But - when I send a message, my 'sent' column doesn't show it.
Am I here? If I too have disappeared, does that mean I can eat
anything I want and charge every book I want on Sandy's sale . . . maybe
even arrange the chairs on the Titanic? Help me. I never disappeared
before. Cool. Polly

Old June 14th 11, 04:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

Well, you're here in California. Maybe you've just been looking for
yourself in the wrong place?

marcella
I can see you, I can see you!

Old June 14th 11, 04:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

You are the only one I see here Polly. Is everyone afraid to catch what
you had?
While you were off getting crisised my DS was getting engaged to be
married! We doubted it was ever going to happen. Hopefully hearing
some good news will change your luck.

There is going to an eclipse Wed. That will either make everything a
lot better or much worse. Hopefully it won't be duck and cover time.
I share mourning the loss of a pecan tree. : (
Taria

Old June 14th 11, 05:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Ah. Good. I finally see that the 'sort' is happenstance but my 'sent' is
working. Simply weird.
Mourn the passing of a magnificent pecan tree? Yes. We did. We will.
But a dear neighbor realized that the precious fellow who loves to work with
wood would treasure using its remains for making bowls and spoons. Where
she stood will be empty but she will go on being loved.
Happy DAY. Happy dance for you that you get to be a mother-in-law. We
can give you all manner of guidance on how to be the best you can be.
BUT ! I need to warn you ALL about the virus. I was just reading the
net and my Java or it may have been Adobe - I honestly don't know which
one - wanted me to upgrade and insanely, I did.
It absolutely WIPED ME OUT.
took lots of gurus and big $so later . . . and much distress and
trauma - this computer is clean. For how long? Don't know. The evil
hackers are busy and they don't rest or sleep. We'll just do the best we
can to survive them. Talking with you is just so precious to me. I am
tenacious in overcoming anything that gets in my way. Polly

Old June 14th 11, 05:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
claudia

You're here in Spain too!

Couldn't do without you so please don't disappear!

Claudia
Old June 14th 11, 06:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debbi in SO CA[_2_]

On Jun 13, 8:13*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
[...]

You are showing up here in So CA!

Debbi in SO CA
Old June 14th 11, 07:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Seeing you loud and clear across the pond, Polly! Maybe the ocean is a
good conducting medium?
I do sympathise about all your crises. One at a time is bad enough:
grouped together they are hard to overcome. Well done you for standing
up to the onslaught!
..
In message , Polly Esther
writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old June 14th 11, 08:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa[_4_]

And in Australia.

--
Di
I'm creative! You can't expect me to be neat too.

Old June 14th 11, 09:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 14/06/2011 06:38, Debbi in SO CA wrote:
On Jun 13, 8:13 pm, "Polly wrote:
[...]

And over here in Kent!

Sorry to hear of your troubles, Polly.

We have Borrowed Dog to stay. She's a Staffie/whippet/possibly
something else cross, dark chocolate brown with odd little white bits.
Gets on well with the cats. GMNT is earning kennel fees looking after her.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old June 14th 11, 01:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise In Iowa

What some people won't do to get a little attention!

Seriously, I'm glad you came through all of that with your sense of
humor intact. I wouldn't have expected anything less. It appears you
haven't disappeared, so I'm afraid you'll have to continue to watch your
diet and your pocketbook. Sorry!

Louise in Iowa
http://community.webshots.com/user/LouiseinIowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom