I'm going to be a Great Aunt!

Old June 11th 11, 08:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Default I'm going to be a Great Aunt!

How grown up is that! My Little Sis' oldest son (only just 20!) is
expecting his first... he and the girlfriend always wanted a couple or
three kids, just NOT YET! But these thing happen. So Great Antie Kate
will need to get her skates on and make a baby quilt for August and some
pretty little frocks for the cherub. They know it's a girl, and she
will be Ruby.

So a quilt with lots of red and some red frocks! None of that baby pink
for THIS great aunt!

Wanders off to look at red and white quilts, wondering how to squeeze
this in between customer frockery...
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old June 11th 11, 03:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 08:48:10 +0100, Kate XXXXXX
wrote:

How grown up is that! My Little Sis' oldest son (only just 20!) is
expecting his first... he and the girlfriend always wanted a couple or
three kids, just NOT YET! But these thing happen. So Great Antie Kate
will need to get her skates on and make a baby quilt for August and some
pretty little frocks for the cherub. They know it's a girl, and she
will be Ruby.

So a quilt with lots of red and some red frocks! None of that baby pink
for THIS great aunt!

Wanders off to look at red and white quilts, wondering how to squeeze
this in between customer frockery...

Congratulations, Kate!! That baby will be well outfitted with you for
a Great Aunt!!!

I just found out I will be a Great Aunt also! My DH's brother's
daughter who just celebrated her 1yr wedding anniversarty is
expecting! January is the month, and I too am looking to make a baby
quilt! What fun!

-Irene
Old June 11th 11, 03:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Well, congratulations to both of you!
Barbara in SC

Old June 11th 11, 04:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen Tucker

Oh, Kate, what great news! Happy sewing ahead! : )

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old June 12th 11, 05:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

A baby girl. How just super wonderful. Whether you pre-wash everything or
nothing, it is always a smart idea to pre-wash the reds. Trust me. The
backing on my SunBonnet quilt that was kitties with bonnets - named Puss in
Bonnets - weeped and smeared and bled all over those precious quilt blocks.
I don't always pre-wash but you can bet your boots I do with red. Polly

Old June 12th 11, 06:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa[_4_]

Congratulations to both Kate and Karen, being a great aunt is cool. I have
three 'great aunt grandchildren' and I seem to be making everything for them
and nothing for anyone else.
It is such fun.

--
Di
I'm creative! You can't expect me to be neat too.

o.uk...

Old June 12th 11, 12:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On 12/06/2011 05:39, Polly Esther wrote:
A baby girl. How just super wonderful. Whether you pre-wash everything
or nothing, it is always a smart idea to pre-wash the reds. Trust me.
The backing on my SunBonnet quilt that was kitties with bonnets - named
Puss in Bonnets - weeped and smeared and bled all over those precious
quilt blocks. I don't always pre-wash but you can bet your boots I do
with red. Polly

I have every intention of prewashing EVERYTHING except the thread! And
then washing the whole thing again once it's made.

I was thinking I might put Sunbonnet Sue corner blocks on the back, just
for fun. And some of those Scotty Dogs and poodles you see on the
Poodle Skirts. Black and white dogs on the red background. I'll give
her mum a box of colour ctchers with the quilt.

I have a baby changing bag and mat I made (I have a whole pile made for
craft fair things), and have been collecting STUFF to put in it: pack of
nappies, Babygrow onesies, sippy cup (I know Little Sis bought bottles
and a steam sterilizer), nappy sacks for the grubbies, and Sudocreme,
and some little dinner bowls with sealed lids. I have some things to
make a squishy toy thing (with washable poly filling, you betcha!). So
baby Ruby will come into the world hosed and shod, if not with a silver
spoon. I'll get that later for her Christening or naming - whatever
they decide to have. (I got her dad and her uncle a lovely solid silver
spoon with the hallmark in their birth year from a local silversmith.
Very solid and rather beautiful, and seriously traditional!)

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

OT - Aunt Mildred Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply) Needlework 0 June 2nd 09 12:39 PM
OT a new great aunt A&T Quilting 7 October 31st 05 04:47 AM
Update on my aunt Polly Esther Quilting 5 August 1st 05 03:00 AM
OT My Aunt Matthew Hollands Yarn 0 May 12th 05 03:56 PM
OT My Aunt Matthew Hollands Yarn 14 May 12th 05 02:28 AM