Baby Pattern Wanted

Old April 24th 04, 11:44 PM
Shannon

Default Baby Pattern Wanted

Hi. Does anyone have an all-in-one baby romper pattern with attached feet,
mitts and hood they would be willing to share? I'm trying to adapt a hand
knit pattern but would like an actual machine knit pattern. Thanks, Shannon

Old April 25th 04, 03:10 AM
Shannon

I re-read my post 3 times and fail to see the humour. I said "baby romper
pattern.I don't know where you people are from but in Canada I thought we
called them "rompers" or jumpsuits, whatever. I'll just sit here mystified
for a few minutes. Shannon

Old April 25th 04, 03:16 AM
Shannon

Ok, I think I got it. Was it the subject that confused you? I was quite
happy to see that I had received replies to my post and thought I was
getting somewhere in my quest Now that you have had a laugh, do you have
the pattern? Shannon

Old April 25th 04, 04:59 AM
Dave Johnsen

Of course my first thought was that all of them are pretty much individuals,
and don't have a pattern. And then I realized it was a knitting pattern.

:-)

DaveJ

m...

Old April 25th 04, 06:56 AM
Pogonip

Dave Johnsen wrote:

Of course my first thought was that all of them are pretty much individuals,
and don't have a pattern. And then I realized it was a knitting pattern.

:-)

DaveJ

"Shannon" wrote in message
m...

Hi. Does anyone have an all-in-one baby romper pattern with attached feet,
mitts and hood they would be willing to share? I'm trying to adapt a hand
knit pattern but would like an actual machine knit pattern. Thanks,

Shannon

I'm relieved to see that I'm not the only one who pondered
the knitting of a baby....not that most aren't well-knit,
but without requiring a pattern.
--

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
http://bernardschopen.tripod.com/

Old April 25th 04, 09:22 PM
Pogonip

Shannon wrote:

Ok, I think I got it. Was it the subject that confused you? I was quite
happy to see that I had received replies to my post and thought I was
getting somewhere in my quest Now that you have had a laugh, do you have
the pattern? Shannon

Actually, I have seen a pattern, but it was done by a
woman in my knitting club some years ago - and the club is
no more. She charted it out, though, so you could do
that. Do you have a knitleader or knit radar or other
charting device? You could take a pattern for the top and
add an extension shaped something like an hourglass. The
extension goes through the legs and up to the other side
of the hem of the top and snaps to it.

No offense was meant by the humor at the subject line.
English is a strange language, much given to humorous
interpretation.

Old April 25th 04, 09:59 PM
Helen Halla Fleischer

Speaking of charting, what I did when I wanted to do a romper for a friend
was to buy a Kwik Sew sewing pattern that called for knit material. I just
traced that onto my knit leader. I find that far easier than coping with
wordy patterns that may not offer a gauge suitable to my yarns.

| On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 13:22:46 -0700, Pogonip wrote:

Actually, I have seen a pattern, but it was done by a
woman in my knitting club some years ago - and the club is
no more. She charted it out, though, so you could do
that. Do you have a knitleader or knit radar or other
charting device? You could take a pattern for the top and
add an extension shaped something like an hourglass. The
extension goes through the legs and up to the other side
of the hem of the top and snaps to it.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer, Fantasy & Fiber Artist
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Balticon Art Program Coordinator http://www.balticon.org
Old April 26th 04, 11:34 AM
Shannon

I had quite a chuckle myself when I finally figured it out. Shannon

OT Story - Two Happy Ultrasounds Sjpolyclay Beads 7 November 7th 04 09:51 AM
OT Story - DD's birthday Kandice Seeber Beads 0 December 12th 03 03:52 AM
Pattern wanted Al McClure Glass 1 August 14th 03 03:09 PM
Pattern wanted - bee suncatcher Gail Sperling Glass 0 July 25th 03 06:15 PM
Stampola Newsletter - July 7, 2003 Mindy at Stampola Rubberstamps 0 July 8th 03 05:35 AM