The Chuppah That Ate New York

Old November 18th 03, 01:17 AM
Nurse Ratched

Default The Chuppah That Ate New York

Here are the few digital pictures we took of the assembled chuppah for DSIL's
wedding. We had significant problems w/lighting: because of the windows, it
was very hard to get the exposure right during daylight. Then after dark, it
was illuminated from *below* by torchiere lamps, instead of from above by
ceiling lights, as I had imagined. All of the seams were visible on the
underside sigh. DH insists that I am the only one who cares.

The canopy is an eight-foot octagon, unquilted and unbacked, but bound. It is
made of four identical panels based on the "Eureka" pattern by Maple Island
Quilts. (Thanks to Susan M in Austin for turning me on to this technique!)
The curves weren't difficult at all; the sheer size of it just made it very
time-consuming to make, and I was sick of it by the time it was finished
(mirroring DH's feelings about the frame!).

Fortunately, DSIL plans to keep it for use as "the family chuppah", so I think
we're finally off the hook. I suggested she go into the rental business since
everyone agrees it's the nicest one they've ever seen.

http://groups.msn.com/StuffbyDaveWif...ah.msnw?Page=1

Nurse Ratched (remove "cuckoo" from address to reply)
We'll all get back to normal if we put our nation first,
But the trouble with "normal" is, it always gets worse. ~Bruce Cockburn
Old November 18th 03, 01:28 AM
nana2b

It is beautiful! Mazel Tov!

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old November 18th 03, 03:12 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
uckoo (Nurse Ratched) wrote:

[...]

Gosh, after hearing so much about it earlier, I wish I could see it!
It's a members' only area....
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
my ISP is earthlink.net
Old November 18th 03, 03:43 AM
Carolyn McCarty

I couldn't get the pictures to enlarge, darn it. Can you give me a hint?

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green
If it ain't broke, it ain't mine. Carolyn McCarty

Old November 18th 03, 04:26 PM
Marcella Tracy Peek

In article ,
uckoo (Nurse Ratched) wrote:

[...]

From what I could see from the little pictures...it's wonderful! I'm
glad to hear they are making it a family thing. I know these have been
a lot of work for you and your husband.

marcella
Old November 18th 03, 11:07 PM
Nurse Ratched

DH is in charge of maintaining the page. He will work on it and I will post
the solution.

Old November 19th 03, 04:36 PM
sdgodfrey

The pictures worked great for me. The "family chuppah" is beautiful.
You did a great job with it...and your DH did as well.

--
Sherri G in Kentucky
http://community.webshots.com/user/sdgodfrey

Old November 19th 03, 04:48 PM
Pat in Virginia

Fantastic Marilyn!! You and DH are both very talented ... your
family is so lucky!
PAT

Nurse Ratched wrote:

Here are the few digital pictures we took of the assembled chuppah for DSIL's
wedding. ...cut...
http://groups.msn.com/StuffbyDaveWif...ah.msnw?Page=1

Old November 22nd 03, 03:29 AM
Susan DiNapoli

Amazing, amazing, amazing!! Woo-hoo!! Congratulations, it looks incredible!!!
Sue

Nurse Ratched wrote:

[...]

New York, New York Karen C - California Needlework 55 October 12th 04 03:04 PM
A-Z of New York Kate Hare Needlework 46 June 20th 04 02:07 AM
New York, New York Christine Helmlinger Needlework 6 April 27th 04 05:45 PM
Anyone use a York Kick Wheel? Clayslinger Pottery 1 December 30th 03 03:14 PM
New York garment districts Julia Altshuler Quilting 3 October 14th 03 03:50 PM