Beginning Beadmaker advice?

Old August 28th 03, 03:07 PM
Karen_AZ

Default Beginning Beadmaker advice?

The major suppliers all have nice startup kits. You don't get a discount on
the torches themselves, but get a nice break on the glass and tools that are
included.

http://www.arrowsprings.com/

http://www.frantzglass.com

http://www.waleapparatus.com/

--
KarenK
Desert Dreamer Designs

Old August 28th 03, 05:10 PM
Carol in SLC

Hopefully someplace that has a starters "kit" with everything you need to get
going except the gas.

Welcome, Jeff! I suggest NOT starting with a hothead. It is incredibly
tedious to melt glass with (SOOOOOO slow), so it really doesn't give you a good
feel for lampworking. I would go straight to a minor burner and suggest Arrow
Springs. I bought my sister's minor burner from them in a package - so she got
everything she needed to start except for the kiln. Good luck!

Carol in SLC
Old August 28th 03, 07:02 PM
Kandice Seeber

I got my kit at Frantz, and it has worked well for me ever since! I also
got the kiln they have on sale - the Fusebox.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Hi Group,

My wife and I are thinking of beginning to make glass beads as a hobby.
Could someone please offer us their opinions on the best place to buy some
starting equipment from? We are looking for good values! Hopefully
someplace that has a starters "kit" with everything you need to get going
except the gas.

Feel free to email me directly at remove
NOSPAM.

Thanks!

Jeff Smith

Old August 30th 03, 10:55 PM
Kalera Stratton

In article Asr3b.284576$o%2.130570@sccrnsc02,
"Kandice Seeber" wrote:

I got my kit at Frantz, and it has worked well for me ever since! I also
got the kiln they have on sale - the Fusebox.

--
Kandice Seeber

I think I might want a Fusebox. How do you like it?

--
-Kalera

---------

Regime change in 2004!
Old August 31st 03, 10:42 AM
Kandice Seeber

Oh, I LOVE it. It holds in the heat very well and is just large enough for
me to fill in a day's worth of torching. It's big enough to fuse if you
like as well. Has a bead door, which is nice, so it doesn't require a kiln
glove. Although you may want one anyway.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old September 3rd 03, 07:53 AM
Kalera Stratton

In article ,
"Kandice Seeber" wrote:

Oh, I LOVE it. It holds in the heat very well and is just large enough for
me to fill in a day's worth of torching. It's big enough to fuse if you
like as well. Has a bead door, which is nice, so it doesn't require a kiln
glove. Although you may want one anyway.

--
Kandice Seeber

Sweet! I'm looking at next year for a new kiln, so I will add it to my
list of possibles.

--
-Kalera

---------

see my auctions at http://www.snurl.com/1sfe
Old September 5th 03, 07:22 PM
EJ

"Kandice Seeber" wrote:

I got my kit at Frantz, and it has worked well for me ever since! I also
got the kiln they have on sale - the Fusebox.

--
Kandice Seeber

I think I might want a Fusebox. How do you like it?

I have one for sale -- brand new, and if someone is in New England,
the shipping would be minimal or nil. I have the kiln shelf and posts
with it, as well as extra firebrick for the mantle.
Old September 10th 03, 06:22 PM
EJ

Forgot to say that I'm selling it for $720, and I also have a kiln
shelf and posts, as well as extra firebrick for the base if you want
it. It's light to ship but I'd rather sell it in New England and
figure out a direct transfer (save on shipping for the buyer as well).
Check of Frantz glass and you will see that they are selling it for
$800 + shipping (from the West coast).

email with any questions

Lisa

. com...
"Kandice Seeber" wrote:

I got my kit at Frantz, and it has worked well for me ever since! I also
got the kiln they have on sale - the Fusebox.

--
Kandice Seeber

I think I might want a Fusebox. How do you like it?

I have one for sale -- brand new, and if someone is in New England,
the shipping would be minimal or nil. I have the kiln shelf and posts
with it, as well as extra firebrick for the mantle.

Lampworking - need torch advice. BethF Beads 15 January 23rd 05 07:13 AM
Seeking Kiln Advice saucy Beads 5 August 11th 03 04:18 AM
Newbie!!! (i admit it, and need all the advice i can get) C. Gregory Beads 7 July 9th 03 04:31 AM