OT - Dusting-Polishing Furniture

Old March 5th 05, 01:39 AM
Sherry Starr

Default OT - Dusting-Polishing Furniture

Never, and I mean never, use Easy Off Oven Cleaner to dust/polish your
furniture. Just because it looks like the can of Pledge sitting right next
to it, does not mean that it will polish your furniture. Luckily, I sprayed
just a tiny bit on our headboard today before I realized that it was oven
cleaner, and not the can of Pledge. I don't even know why I have oven
cleaner since my oven is self-cleaning. It must be to clean the barbecue
grill when DH decides to barbecue which is only about once ever 3-5 years,
lol. It didn't do any damage to the headboard. I just put Pledge over the
spot, and it looks just like it did before (minus the dust of course), and
it didn't even dull it.

Sherry Starr

Old March 5th 05, 03:18 AM
Polly Esther

Sherry, please put that can of oven cleaner in a bag - brown paper, ziplock,
something and tape or tie a warning label on it that says "oven" cleaner. I
had not realized that they (Pledge and Easy Off) looked alike but I will go
do the same. Thank you for the warning.
We had a great few warm hours today for a little spring cleaning and I
picked out the front door. It is metal (with a gator protection level of
7.6). I discovered that bugs and grubby stuff come off really easy when the
warm sun hasn't bonded debris to the paint. The door came clean very
quickly. DH says I did such a great job I really should attack the shutters
and columns next. Hoping for rain tomorrow, Polly

ink.net...

Old March 5th 05, 05:37 AM
nana2b

Sherry that is precisely why I have a cleaning lady! LOL Linda in Tx.

Old March 5th 05, 05:27 PM
Maureen Wozniak

I almost made a similar mistake this morning when I went to dust the
dining room table. Thank goodness I thought to double check the can!

Maureen

Old March 6th 05, 11:43 PM
Diana Curtis

What is this dusting activity of which you speak.. and ... oven..cleaner??
Are you speaking english??
Diana

Old March 7th 05, 01:45 AM
CNYstitcher

Yeah, Diana...they got me confused as well. I have a vague association
with dusting...but only in the sense that I see a cloudy table and
either get DH or DS to take care of it. DS likes dusting because he
gets to wear the "cool" pledge dusting mitts and have fun...strange
child I have here.

Larisa

Old March 7th 05, 02:02 AM
Kate Dicey

CNYstitcher wrote:

Yeah, Diana...they got me confused as well. I have a vague association
with dusting...but only in the sense that I see a cloudy table and
either get DH or DS to take care of it. DS likes dusting because he
gets to wear the "cool" pledge dusting mitts and have fun...strange
child I have here.

Larisa

Friend of mine had a notice in her house: You may write in the dust, but
please do not date it! I'm with her...

When it gets TOO bad (or Mum is coming!), I hoover the furniture, and
swipe off the sticky bits with a damp cloth! My antique dining table
looks waxed, but in reality has a silk polyurethane varnish, so a damp
cloth works wonders!

The dust bunnies in the bathroom were hunting in packs, with spears, by
the weekend, so DH battled with them, and the bathroom sparkles for now!
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old March 7th 05, 04:00 AM
Polly Esther

Now, that's funny. LOL thanks, Polly
"Kate Dicey" wrote

Old March 7th 05, 11:10 AM
Sally Swindells

I have the tins in the cupboard to ease my conscience - just only use
them when a visitor is coming and they will find out!

Sally