Charlotte Yde's books

Old August 12th 03, 04:54 PM
Hanne Gottliebsen

Default Charlotte Yde's books

Someone just posted a link to Charlotte Yde's homepage, and I went to
have a look. I did see this before, but didn't notice her book page.

Lo and behold, there was the Contemporary Quilts from Scandinavia,
which I saw at a Quilt Festival and didn't get before someone else did
(grrr). A couple of emails later and she is mailing that one + a
patchwork book which is sold out from the publisher to me via my
parents (who live in Denmark too). She was very kind and even offered
to put a greeting in the books. Yes, ok, sending book packages across
the Atlantic might not be the cheapest past time in the world, but I
_so_ wanted the show book, and I have been looking for a while for a
Danish patchwork/quilting book, since I feel somewhat silly not having
a clue what the various terms are in my own language :-)

I don't know what I expected, but probably something like: she must
get loads of emails from beginner quilters who do not have a clue and
why should she care as long as she gets to sell the book. WRONG! She
is really nice, even went to my webpage and had a look around.

I like (some) traditional (American) patterns, but I'm leaning more
towards the non-block styles. Hmm, actually I'm thinking that at the
same time as I'm planning speed-pieced and template type quilts for
the next few monthsand a Dear Jane for the far out future. What is to
become of me???

Thanks to whoever posted that link :-)

Hanne
Old August 12th 03, 10:24 PM
Janner

[...]

No problem! I enjoyed looking at her quilts this morning - very inspiring.
Now I want some spare time, to play with my fabrics.

--
Janner

"Quite often lately I have the feeling I don't know what's going on..." ---
Snoopy!

"You have to have a Dream!"

---