Joy's Halloween Pictures

Old November 10th 03, 03:48 AM
Joy Hardie

Default Joy's Halloween Pictures

Just when I thought my boys had "outgrown" mom making them
costumes.....they opted at the last minute NOT to get a scary mask but
to have me create them something after all.
There was minimal sewing involved. These optical illusion costumes
were lot's of fun and a big hit!

12yr old son was a baby riding on a grandmas back. I made a black
oversized dress cut much longer in the back and worn over a stuffed
backpack. A purchased baby outfit with bonnet, cane and brocade
handbag to complete the "look".

10 yr old son was a cowby abducted by a gorilla!!! Purchased a
gorilla mask, feet and 1 hand (rather cheaply on e-bay) and made a
simple fur suit to match. The legs of old pants are stuffed, held up
to son with a belt and the gorilla arms tied around them to hold them
up. Top of the gorilla is stuffed and held up around sons neck with a
strap. Very HOT to wear. But VERY FUN!

14 yr old daughter was your typical flashy "Rockett"-type showgirl.

Check out the pictures.....

Joy
Old November 10th 03, 10:06 AM
Trishty

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 02:48:13 GMT, Joy Hardie wrote:

Just when I thought my boys had "outgrown" mom making them
costumes.....they opted at the last minute NOT to get a scary mask but
to have me create them something after all.

snip

Joy, these are superb!

Even staring at them I can't quite work out where your kids' legs are.

I will check out your main site later, off-peak - looks wonderful.

Trish
Old November 10th 03, 12:23 PM
Joy Hardie

cut
Even staring at them I can't quite work out where your kids' legs are.
Trish

I know. These optical illusion costumes are amazing to me too. This
gorilla suite is plopped in a rocking chair here and every time I walk
past it I have to take a second look because it honestly looks like a
gorilla is sitting squashing my poor son...and with a stupid monkey
grin on his face! All for the price of a second hand mask on ebay,
some 40% off fur at Joanns and outgrown pants and shoes. My son got
the idea from a costume he saw on the internet that was selling for
over $1000.
pictures at

Joy
Old November 10th 03, 05:29 PM
Dawn

Joy Hardie wrote:

Just when I thought my boys had "outgrown" mom making them
costumes.....they opted at the last minute NOT to get a scary mask but
to have me create them something after all.

Great costumes! So original!

I wish the kids around here would dress up. They don't, they grab a
grocery sack and run from door to door as fast as they can, begging for
candy. I've stopped handing it out.

Dawn