Another one bites the dust! :D

Old September 15th 07, 07:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

Default Another one bites the dust! :D

I finished the table runner for MIL yesterday! Yippee! This is to be a
Christmas gift for her (it will stop her from kidnapping my blue/yellow
table runner, I hope ), but I wanted it finished in time for
Thursday, when I'll be teaching paper piecing to my quilt group. Whew!
The photo doesn't show much of the machine quilting on this one; I did
feathers in the setting triangles, but the print hides them pretty well.
I did angles spirals (I can't think of another way to describe it!) in
the white background sections of the blocks and more feathers in the
navy sashing around the end blocks. You can see it at
http://www.sandymike.net/paperpieced.html#Paper-pieced_table_runner.

Now I'm off to work on DGD's Christmas stocking, after I run a few
errands.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old September 15th 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

I magnified the view and was able to see the spiral quilting - perfect
for the design. Is this the first block that you have made from
Carol's new book? I still have to commit myself to paper piecing
something other than the 'Shambles' wallhanging. I have to ask
though: does your MIL have handy access to your website?
jennellh

sw.foster1 (at) gmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious)http://www.sandymike.net

Old September 15th 07, 09:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article . com,
jennellh wrote:

I magnified the view and was able to see the spiral quilting - perfect
for the design.

Thanks, Jennell.

Is this the first block that you have made from
Carol's new book?

Yes, though I suspect I'll be making more somewhere along the line. I
don't like all of the blocks there, but I do like some of them. They
aren't "real" mariner's compasses, but they are pretty.

I still have to commit myself to paper piecing
something other than the 'Shambles' wallhanging. I have to ask
though: does your MIL have handy access to your website?
jennellh

LOL! Nope! She doesn't own a computer and can't see very well anyway,
since she has macular degeneration. My DDs aren't likely to go look at
my site, so they won't mention it to her, either.

Old September 15th 07, 10:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

That's lovely Sandy. The colours look terrific together. Nice and
early, too!
..
In message , Sandy
writes
I finished the table runner for MIL yesterday! Yippee! This is to be a
Christmas gift for her (it will stop her from kidnapping my blue/yellow
table runner, I hope ), but I wanted it finished in time for
Thursday, when I'll be teaching paper piecing to my quilt group. Whew!
The photo doesn't show much of the machine quilting on this one; I did
feathers in the setting triangles, but the print hides them pretty well.
I did angles spirals (I can't think of another way to describe it!) in
the white background sections of the blocks and more feathers in the
navy sashing around the end blocks. You can see it at
http://www.sandymike.net/paperpieced.html#Paper-pieced_table_runner.

Now I'm off to work on DGD's Christmas stocking, after I run a few
errands.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old September 16th 07, 05:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Kidnapping? Is that what it's called? Every year when we begin our
Christmas shopping list we start with things that have sort of become
permanently absent. Yes. Kidnapping probably describes the situation.
Polly

"maryd" mardor@*net wrote in message
Beautiful, Sandy.

--
Mary

Old September 16th 07, 12:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

That is fabulous Sandy. The colour choice is always a winner for me!
--
Estelle UK
http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Old September 16th 07, 12:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Nicely done. Dancing in the moonlight for your finishing spree, Sandy!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old September 16th 07, 05:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Your "safe" with this one..being as how I just finished a table runner for
our table. Nevermind that it's fall themed--it could be stretched a lil
beyond. I have veggies for the next set of placemats that I've been working
at for mumble years... ran outta steam on it when I first started, worked
on it a bit last year and now am to the point of MQ'ing them. I'll get
there--maybe by next Feb........cause I have roses ready to MQ for Jan.

Butterfly (and I already have a blue/yellow tablecloth)