Just Wondering

Old July 29th 03, 11:39 PM
Sandy Best

Default Just Wondering

I was just wondering if we had a range of age groups here, or if I am a bit
young?? I'm 19...I don't know anybody my age that crochets!!

I don't mean to offend anyone by asking age....just wondering if there are
any in my age group!

Sandy

Old July 30th 03, 12:27 AM
Karen

I'm mid-40s, but I learned to crochet when I was 15. You know, now that you
mention it, when I was under 20 and crocheting, I didn't know anybody my age
then that crocheted or knitted either.

Old July 30th 03, 12:55 AM
Katherine Burgess

"Sandy Best" wrote
I was just wondering if we had a range of age groups here, or if I am a

bit
young?? I'm 19...I don't know anybody my age that crochets!!

I don't mean to offend anyone by asking age....just wondering if there are
any in my age group!

Sandy, my darling, I was much younger than you when I started knitting.
I am much older now, but I feel still young. g Age is irrelevant when it
comes to crochet or knitting, so feel free to join whenever and wherever you
want to
Katherine

Old July 30th 03, 12:56 AM
Katherine Burgess

"Brooke Chenoweth" wrote ...
Sandy Best wrote:

I was just wondering if we had a range of age groups here, or if I am a

bit
young?? I'm 19...I don't know anybody my age that crochets!!

I don't mean to offend anyone by asking age....just wondering if there

are
any in my age group!

Sandy

Well, I'm 25 now, but I started knitting when I was 19 to keep from
going insane during college.

Good answer,Brooke!
Katherine

Old July 30th 03, 03:34 AM
Sonya Cirillo

Sandy

Hi! Well as many others have told you - many of us have started young -
I learned embroidery at 6; crochet at 10 and knitting at 20 (with
various other needlework techniques in-between and since) and I'm up to
43 yo now and I'm *still* adding new techniques - I'm getting ready to
learn to spin now! . . . my DD started with cross stitch and plastic
canvas needlepoint at 5 and knitting at 10, however she doesn't get on here.

I'm afraid I don't tend to remember folks ages - something that doesn't
really matter to me. I know there's quite a few young ladies at the
University I'm attending that are into the latest fad - knitting and
there's quite a few on a couple other lists I read (like sock knitters)
that are around your age.

Have questions - feel free to ask away someone is sure to be able to
help. Otherwise, stick around and chat!

Sonya

Old July 30th 03, 07:54 AM
Anna MCM

Sandy Best wrote:

I was just wondering if we had a range of age groups here, or if I am a bit
young?? I'm 19...I don't know anybody my age that crochets!!

Iīm 40, or twice 20, as you prefer :-)
I began crocheting when I was about 10 or 11, I canīt remember exactly,
and, funny I never noticed before, none of my friends crocheted. But,
maybe because crocheted stuff was immensely popular in the 70s, I
crocheted tonzs of stuff for them :-)
I didnīt crochet for many years, for many reasons (no time, no money),
but I started again some years ago, when I still had very little money,
but plenty of time.
Crocheting, knitting or crafting in general is a treasure for life,
believe me.

I don't mean to offend anyone by asking age....just wondering if there are
any in my age group!

No, I didnīt get offended, no reason for that...

Hugs,

Anna Maria
Old July 30th 03, 01:38 PM
G.Kelly

Sandy I do not know if there are any in this group in your age bracket but
you are most welcome whatever your age !! You will find the group can help
with any problems you may have - unfortunately that does not include me as I
have never been able to master the art of crochet but will look forward to
hearing of your work or hopefully seeing pictures of it God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old July 30th 03, 01:43 PM
G.Kelly

Cher I love the Phrase " recycled teenager" but at 75 I am wondering just
how many times i can recycle !!!!! God Bless gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

"Cher" wrote in message
Hi Sandy, I'm a recycled teenager, at 53 come November, I feel as if I'm
still as young as ever. I started knitting on two skewers when I was 7
didn't crochet until I was 15 nobody did it or at least nobody owned up

it.
Then I got into having a family and didn't have time....now I've all the
time in the world..
Cheers...Cher
"Sandy Best" wrote in message
I was just wondering if we had a range of age groups here, or if I am a

bit
young?? I'm 19...I don't know anybody my age that crochets!!

I don't mean to offend anyone by asking age....just wondering if there

are
any in my age group!

Sandy

---

Old July 30th 03, 02:33 PM
Katherine Burgess

"G.Kelly" wrote ...
Cher I love the Phrase " recycled teenager" but at 75 I am wondering just
how many times i can recycle !!!!!

Forever and ever, Gwen!
Katherine

Wondering Roberta Zollner Quilting 0 August 3rd 04 08:58 AM
Just wondering... Angbug Needlework 1 April 27th 04 12:23 AM
Still wondering (sorta OT) Ginger in CA Quilting 10 January 26th 04 01:19 AM
Wondering about Webhosting Karen_AZ Beads 19 November 22nd 03 04:13 AM
Wondering about Don McKinney workshop Karen_AZ Beads 0 November 18th 03 09:02 PM