Quilt show with a difference

Old October 18th 07, 03:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leigh Harris

Default Quilt show with a difference

Last weekend we went on a little road trip to see 'The Airing of the Quilts'
in Northampton, about 500km north of Perth. The town decks out the main
street with quilts and people come from all over the place to see them and
join in the activities for the day. There were some nice quilts and it was a
fun day, even though it was over 30C out there. Also, they forgot to mention
in the brochures that flies are such fans of quilts - well, they must be
because they were there in their thousands!

It was a bit of a rushed trip. We left home at 5pm on the Friday after DH
had finished work, and got to Geraldton at 9.45. The next morning we did the
last 50kms to Northampton and spent a few hours checking out the show. That
was followed by a little sightseeing and dropping in to a winery before
going back to Geraldton. There DH bumped into an astronomy friend of his who
lives in Sweden! He was there for just three weeks on holiday. How's that
for freaky? Then we dropped in on some friends who'd moved up there, before
setting off home again at 5pm because DH had to be at work at 7am on Sunday.
We travelled over 1000km in 29 hours and packed a whole lot into that time,
but it was somehow actually quite leisurely and very relaxing. Yes, we
Aussies are strange creatures. :-)

I've set up a Webshots album with some pictures if you'd like to see this
quilt show with a difference. There are also some other albums showing my
rather small collection of quilting accomplishments over the last few years
for anyone who may be interested. I hope this link works!
http://community.webshots.com/user/B...host=community If not, you
could go to Webshots and put in the user name BearLeigh65.

--
Leigh Harris
Perth, Western Australia

Old October 18th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.[_2_]

Looked like a beautiful day to look at some great quilts! Also enjoyed your
other albums!! Wish my sewing room looked as neat as yours : )

--
Donna in NE La.

Old October 18th 07, 06:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

That is fascinating and unique (to me at least) What a lovely place to be.
Thankyou for posting the pictures!
--
Estelle UK
My photos http://community.webshots.com/album/...YNZKnf?start=0

Old October 18th 07, 07:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

excuse me Leigh, I tried to email you and it bounced, but you envelope
arrived alive and well and on time. : )

Karen, Queen of Squisheis

Old October 18th 07, 07:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy[_2_]

what a great show! and a great idea! i wish we had more of these types
of shows in the US.
amy

Old October 18th 07, 07:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd

The pictures remind me of Sisters, Oregon quilt show.

--
Mary
:
[...]
: --
: Leigh Harris
: Perth, Western Australia
:
:
:

Old October 18th 07, 08:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Idahoqltr[_2_]

:http://community.webshots.com/user/B...st=communityIf not, you
: could go to Webshots and put in the user name BearLeigh65.
:
: --
: Leigh Harris
: Perth, Western Australia
:
:
:

Thanks. I especially like your cow wall-hanging and the R.E.D. one.

Old October 18th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

That's such a fun way to display and enjoy quilts. Cute little town,
too. Do folks live there or is it one of those places that is mostly
open during the day for tourists?

I enjoyed looking at your work. I agree with keepign that first quilt
(I have one of those too). From time to time it's gratifying to pull
out the first attempt and then look at how far you've come.

Sunny
Wenatchee, WA

Old October 20th 07, 08:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz

Sunny, It looks like a regular Aussie country town to me.

If you have Google Earth have a look there.

Dee in Oz