Mom's Grandmother's Fan & Lone Star

Old September 14th 03, 06:01 AM
MerryStahel

Default Mom's Grandmother's Fan & Lone Star

Pa finally sent me photos of Mom's Grandmother's Fan. I have taken finished
photos, but apparently they are lost in DH's 26 rolls of undeveloped film G.

I posted the Fan on my Webshots page, in the More Quilts album. There is a
closeup of one fan to show the antique lace and Pa put a photo of Mom at the
top, just for fun.

I am machine quilting the Lone Star yesterday and today. A few puckers but
nothing major. My daughter thinks its too plain - just the Star, no borders or
anything. I "birthed" this Star, thinking it would make it easier to quilt. I
have decided to add a binding when I've finished the machine quilting part. I
will add hand-quilting in the corner squares and triangles. I want to do some
fancy stitchwork there to make up for her perceived "plain-ness."

Merry

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once
http://community.webshots.com/user/merrystahel

Old September 14th 03, 09:36 AM
jules

This is another thing I want to try but it looks complicated to me with
curves ! Nicely done Merry and I love the ladybug fabric myself *g*

--
Jules

Old September 14th 03, 05:27 PM
Ruth in Happy Camp

'tis beautiful, and the "error correction" did not show until you made me go
look for it.
--
Ruth in Happy Camp