What is your Favorite Technique

Old March 10th 08, 02:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Roscoe2

Default What is your Favorite Technique

Okay so this group has been very quite so I thought I would try to
spark up a conversation with the group.

So, what is your favorite stamping technique? Mine, well I absolutely
LOVE those glitter gel pens. I am not a big fan of glitter because
once you use it, you pretty much wear it for a quite a long time.
Then I discoverd those glitter gel pens and now I glitter
everything.

So. . . .inquiring minds wanna know what is your favorite technique?

Inky Huggz,

Missy Olson
Angel #1754
The Angel Company
Team Leader of the
Hot 'n Flashy Angelettes
North Branch, MN
http://missy.ismyangel.net

Check out my website for your stamping and scrapbooking needs. If you
would like a catalog, please contact me and I will ship one to you.
Come celebrate with the Angel Company where all of the benefits are
doubled.

Old March 10th 08, 03:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Wave Jumper[_2_]

I like lots of techniques but...I bought the Wizard last week so have been
playing with that whenever I have a spare minute or 60. I discovered my
cuttlebug embossing folders work in it so may dump the cuttlebug so I have
more space for other things in my craft room. We never have enough stamps or
accessories, do we?

SAD

On 3/10/08 6:59 AM, in article
, "Roscoe2"

Old March 10th 08, 09:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
stampingmaniac

You want us to choose one?? ;-)
I still love embossing, an old favorite!
I do enjoy the glitter options - I use the Stickles for projects. I
do have glitter to make acetate transparency images with.

--Stamping maniac
Old March 11th 08, 02:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Roscoe2

Okay so I have to admit, I do not know what the Wizard is? I am
really not sure what the cuttlebug looks like either, I have heard
about it and I really like what it does, but would I use it a lot?
Is the Wizard a dry embossing machine then?

Glad to see that you still around I haven't heard or seen you in a
bit.

Old March 11th 08, 02:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Roscoe2

So are you talking dry embossing or embossing with the watermark pad,
embossing powder, heat gun and well heat burns (haha)? I enjoy
embossing too, but, like I said earlier I like to keep it simple. I
LOVE the stickles too. I love thier colors and the fact that you get
glitter without wearing it.

Whar are acetate transparency images? Do you stamp on acetate and
then glitter? Do you ues the stickles for that?

Yea I know inquiring minds want to know.

Old March 11th 08, 07:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
[email protected]

I've been stamping since somewhere in the mid-1980s. My all-time
favorite technique remains heat embossing. I also like dry embossing,
especially coloring in with chalks, and occasionally will use the dry
embossing stencil with stencil past for a special look. Also recently
I've been using gold/silver/rainbow colored outline stickers (one
trade name is Class A'Peels) for nifty highlight accents. I will try
new techniques I see used in submissions to various stamping magazines
to see whether I will use it on a regular basis.

Linda in PA
Old March 11th 08, 07:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
[email protected]

On Mar 11, 2:39*pm, wrote:
..............will use the dry embossing stencil with stencil past............

Sorry-typed too fast--meant stencil PASTE

Linda in PA

Old March 11th 08, 09:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Wave Jumper[_2_]

Yes, I'm still around. Not much going on here usually but I get on when I
can to see if anyone has left a message.

Below is a link to the website that has a video about what the Wizard can
do. My favorites are segments 8, 9 and 10.

http://www.spellbinders.us/ct/store/ct_demo.asp

Below is a link to the website about the Cuttlebug and the Embossing folders
etc.

http://www.allthatscraps.com/index.p...&zenid=7f39428
c977441c10b1cae2917db69f6

I'm making 60 cards for my niece to use as Thank You cards for her wedding
gifts. I'm using the Textile Texture embossing folder as the background on
vanilla cardstock, layering the Thank You on top of that in burgundy and
embossing with gold powder around the edges of that layer. Simple and easy,
but elegant.

SAD

On 3/11/08 6:49 AM, in article
, "Roscoe2"

Old March 12th 08, 02:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Roscoe2

Hey Linda I have never heard fo the Claa A'Peels before where do you
get them. It has been so long since I dry embossed, I am doing a swap
this week so I think that I will do that. I can't wait now. Thanx
for the idea.

Old March 12th 08, 02:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Roscoe2

Wow you are busy with those thank you notes aren't you? Can you send
a picture when you are all done? I would love to see them.

Thanx so much for sending the links, I will have to check them out
tonight.

Funny how we all get busy, but yet can find time to try new things out
with our stamping. I was a vendor at an all day Scrapbooking event
for the local ECFE and the 8 x 8 page that we did was using DCWV
cardstock and stamping on it with versa mark and then sanding it. So
cool the ladies loved it and I sold out all of my cardstock. Okay so
enough about me I could go on and on.

I am glad to see that you are still around. Have a specTACular day
ladies.

http://www.allthatscraps.com/index.p...cPath=6&zenid=...