I am back!

Old November 19th 03, 10:47 AM
Aud

Default I am back!

I am back after more than a week. My mother (91 yo)died monday nov.11,
and I was happy to sit by her bed two days before she died.
She was mostly unconscious, but I was glad to be there.
She had much pain, but got relief the last two days.
We had a very *good* and *warm* funeral,yesterday,
and I am now trying to get back to normal.

There was more than 3000 unread messages on the RCTY,
I have a bit more than the last 300 downloaden, and will try to read
a bit *now and then* (Norwegian expression)

My house is a total mess. Wonderful to get the new windows,
but it is impossible to get in anywhere, the living room is like a garage,
furniture is in front of my closets,
I don't know how to get my clothes out of my thunk!!
But a little guest room is still warm, and it will soon be better!
I have to decide where to start, and then there is lot to do!

AUD :-)

Old November 19th 03, 11:22 AM
Sarah Grace

Aud wrote:
My mother (91 yo)died monday nov.11,
and I was happy to sit by her bed two days before she died.
She was mostly unconscious, but I was glad to be there.
She had much pain, but got relief the last two days.
We had a very *good* and *warm* funeral,yesterday,

Dear Aud

I am sorry to hear about your loss, but was relieved to hear that your mom got
relief the last 2 days and that you got to spend time with her. My thoughts
are with you.

Welcome back to RCTY- we have missed you lots!

Regards
Sarah
Old November 19th 03, 12:26 PM
Carol in TN

Good to see you back. Sorry for your loss. It is good that you were able
to spend time with her.
God Bless,
Carol in TN

Old November 19th 03, 12:48 PM
Ophelia

I am very relieved you are ok and that your Mum had a peaceful end

We missed you lots

Big hugsssssssssssssssssssss

Ophelia

Old November 19th 03, 01:22 PM
Ria Van de Velde

soory too hear the sad news about your mother, but it is nice to see
you back here.

We are currently getting a new roof, so I understand exactly what you
mean by the total mess.
Ria

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:47:39 +0100, "Aud" wrote:

[...]

riavdv at pandora dot be
Old November 19th 03, 02:01 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

Aud,
I am so sorry to hear of your Mom's passing, but glad that she
did have relief the last two days, and that you were able to
spend time with her.
Don't worry about catching up on all the messages, just know that
we are WITH you, and that you've been missed.
Hugs,
Noreen

--
STRIP *tease* to email me.
Old November 19th 03, 02:45 PM
Karen MN

Aud, I'm very sorry about your mother passing. It is good that you got to
spend those last days with her.

Hang in there with the "mess" -- the house will get back to shape in time,
and RCTY will always be here.

Good to have you back here.

Karen in MN

Old November 19th 03, 03:16 PM
Janise Ross

Aud,
As the others before me have so eloquently said...I am sorry for you
loss. May your mother rest in peace.

Janise

Old November 19th 03, 06:16 PM
Els van Dam

In article , "Aud"
wrote:

[...]

Hello Aud, my condolences on your mothers passing. I was also able to sit
with my very elderly mother when she died, with my other siblings. That
gave us all great comfort. The beeing together as a family, and saying
goodbuy that way. Tears and laughter as it always had been.

I also know how it feels to be in the middle of house building.

Otto and I did the same. Otto drew up the house plans in the two years
before we started building. Lots of time to get totally confused about:
What, Where, and When.....

Looking back on it all it was not so bad, but during the building of the
house I certainly had my moments. We started in 1995 in September. We
had the walls up, roof on, windows in place and plastic membrain on by
December. With the insolation in the walls and the heating working, we
moved in. Even though it was more camping than living in a normal house,
it still was better than living in a rented small camper. Over the next 5
years we finished the house inside and outside. Otto got help with the
roof, basement floor, soffits (spelling) and the gutters. The rest nail
by nail was done by Otto with me as his helper.

We did have our laughs when in both bathrooms, Otto measured the distance
from the wall to place the toilets incorrectly, in both bathroom.....??
In one bathroom the door could not open, so we swung it the other way,
Oops the light switch was now in the wrong place. It all was rather
funny. Otto who is know in the family as the man with the golden
hands.....ha ha...some golden hands......one day could not find the stud
to put the drywall agains. He must have been tired,.....anyway in his
sillyness he just drilled hole after hole until he did hit the
wood.....Guess who had to fill all the holes with pollyfilla.....I ended
up with both shoulder froozen....it took month of physio to get it all
working again...ha, ha..I just was not used, to using my arms as tools to
build a house.

Yes we do love our house, and yes there are things we would do
differently, all in all it is pretty neat.

So Aud....after all this rambeling on.....Hang in there, there is light at
the end of the tunnel..and it will all come together, I promis you.

Els

--
I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....

Back of the work Alison in OH Needlework 5 November 29th 04 07:08 PM
back home again CNYstitcher Quilting 3 February 9th 04 03:09 PM
I'm back -- and the stash is safe! ;) -- somewhat OT Sandy Foster Quilting 6 January 15th 04 07:02 PM
Back from Florida! Is on topic too. AliceW Quilting 5 November 13th 03 01:33 PM
OT- back from the southwest :D alia Beads 6 September 9th 03 08:03 PM