pinking shears sharpening? (US)

Old January 26th 06, 08:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

Default pinking shears sharpening? (US)

Yes, there is a surgical super glue. Urologist glued me shut after a
kidney operation in 1990. Must have been a fairly new procedure then as
he brought the interns in by the score just to take a look at his
handiwork. The incision was about 7" long and I can't find the scar now
so it must be good stuff. Dot in
Tennessee

Old January 26th 06, 05:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

rotflmao!!

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Village Sharpener" wrote in message
SNIGDIBBLY wrote:
Use peroxide - that cheap stuff you put in the medicine cabinet - just
pour some on the blood and it will magically disappear - hint came from a
phlebotomist.

Huh, talk anout coincidence !

Just got back from the dentist and had a couple spots on pant leg.

Tried the peroxide as suggested. actually diluted just a bit with water
and it worked fine !

Didn't use spit, as... well you can guess where the blood came from
anyway.

IMAGINE: Funny picture of Joe trying to get blood out of clothes by
spitting on it, when that's where the blood was coming from in 1st place !

Sorry for the visual

--
J Hughes
"Village Sharpener"

"Business Is Good When Things Are Dull !" (TM)
http://www.VillageSharpener.com

Old January 26th 06, 07:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

SNIGDIBBLY wrote:
rotflmao!!

Honest to god the truth ! In fact, I am in the shop today, but am not
doing much of anything in the way of grinding. Was up all last night
after having my molar drilled and the dentist now wants to do a root
canal...

Where are those pliers ?

Old January 22nd 09, 09:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jemsharpening

jemsharpening had written this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/textiles/Re-...ng-US-466-.htm
:

Pauline wrote:

Liz,
You might call the Stretch & Sew store in Stockton. I gave him my
scalloped
scissors to sharpen & he did a great job with them. Their phone
number is
209-957-1237 & Maxine's email address is . They
pack up
tons of fabric on the weekends & have "trunk shows" quite
frequently. They
may even come to Sacramento area.

Pauline
"Elizabeth Young" wrote in
message
om...
I have tried to get my Wiss pinking shears sharpened locally. No
good.
No one does it anymore around here anymore (Sacramento CA).
Boo Hoo

Does anyone have a contact for some place in the US where I can
send my
pinking shears for sharpening?

liz young (in cloudy california)

I have been sharpening for over 50 years and do pinkers all the time.
There are not a lot of folks that can sharpen pinkers. I get them from all
over the country. My Name is Tommy marshall
) web page jemsharpeningservice.com. I
charge $10.00 plys shipping which is $7.00
Have a great day

-------------------------------------

Delivered via
http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.qui lting - messages and counting!
Old January 22nd 09, 09:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Suzy[_2_]

"jemsharpening"
dug up a four year old message in order to spam the
newsgroup:

jemsharpening had spammed this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/textiles/Re-...ng-US-466-.htm

I hope other spammers find this address useful: