Hand Quilting Frame

Old June 5th 10, 01:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline[_3_]

Default Hand Quilting Frame

Is anyone familiar with the Norwood Hand Quilting Frame. I know we don't
have a lot of hand quilters around, but one of our guild members donated
hers for our upcoming Fabric Follies & More sale & I have not been
successful in locating any information on the internet about it. She told
me it is made out of oak & she paid about $300 for it 10 years ago. It's in
mint condition & we don't want to give it away, nor do we want to ask too
much money for it. Thanks for any information that you can give me.

Pauline
Northern California

Old June 5th 10, 03:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/art/1766937501.html
heres one for sale on craigslist, fwiw.
no idea bout their price but they're making money at that price for sure.
still looking for a link to the manufacturers.
j.

"Pauline" wrote ...

Old June 5th 10, 02:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ross

Pauline wrote:
Is anyone familiar with the Norwood Hand Quilting Frame. I know we
don't have a lot of hand quilters around, but one of our guild members
donated hers for our upcoming Fabric Follies & More sale & I have not
been successful in locating any information on the internet about it.
She told me it is made out of oak & she paid about $300 for it 10 years
ago. It's in mint condition & we don't want to give it away, nor do we
want to ask too much money for it. Thanks for any information that you
can give me.

Pauline
Northern California

The World Wide Quilting Page, under the heading "Quilting Frames and
Hoops" at:
http://www.quilt.com/Tools/HoopsAndFrames.html shows:

Norwood
Box 167 HP
Fremont, MI 49412
(616) 924-3901
Hoops &frames, Send SASE for new color brochure

HTH
Ross
Old June 6th 10, 10:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline[_3_]

Thanks Jeanne - that is much larger than the one we have. Ours is probably
about 18" & it is round. Thanks so much for checking.

Pauline
Northern California

Old June 6th 10, 10:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline[_3_]

Hi Ross,

Thank you so much. I neglected to say, in my original post that I did find
the same information as you have, however, when I called the number, I got a
recording that the area code had changed to "269" & when I try dialing the
number with the new area code, I get either a recording to try my number
again, a busy signal or no answer at all - very strange!!

I'm open to any other suggestions!

Pauline
Northern California

Old June 6th 10, 11:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

it cost $300 ten yrs ago for an 18" hand quilting hoop?
whats it got 24k gold parts on it?
that seems ridiculous price to me
good grief.
i'd price it by comparing the size/type and good quality wood to another
good brand.
j.

Old June 7th 10, 03:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

Have you tried calling information for that area code?

It's likely they are simply out of business though. What do other frame
makers - Grace, Hinterberg etc. charge for something similar?

At any rate, the guild wouldn't likely sell it at it's original price or
even very close to it. There aren't all that many hand quilters out
there (sadly) and most of them seem to already have a hoop or frame they
like if they even use one.

marcella

Old June 7th 10, 08:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Howdy!

Y'all keep saying "there aren't that many hand quilters out there".
Yeah, only about 5 or 6 million, maybe a few more. g

Hand quilting frame: no, thanks.
Hoop, yes.
Price for the frame: whatever anyone offers to take it off your hands.

R/Sandy - handquilter

On 6/7/10 9:52 AM, in article
, "Marcella Peek"

Old June 9th 10, 01:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline[_3_]

Well, maybe that's my problem - this is a hoop, on a stand. Sandy - can you
give me a more accurate description of what that is called, so I can do more
research on it? It is beautiful & we were thinking of putting a $50 price
on it, but maybe that's too high - maybe it's too low!!

Old June 9th 10, 02:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

Is it like one of these? http://tinyurl.com/2v98ekg or
http://www.google.com/products?q=quilting+hoop+on+stand&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=--kOTKGHDM2InQeU-9GxDQ&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum =4&ved=0CDgQrQQwAw
This could also give you some ideas on how to price. $50 may be too high.

Julia in MN

--
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/default.html

Hand quilting frame John Quilting 15 May 15th 07 04:33 PM
Do-it-yourself hand quilting frame Moe Quilting 1 January 30th 07 01:48 AM
hand quilting frame/hoop Sarah Dixon Quilting 6 July 18th 06 09:53 AM
Heartland hand quilting frame kr_gentner Marketplace 0 August 6th 05 06:14 PM
has anyone added a machine to thier hand quilting frame? Becky Quilting 9 July 24th 05 10:44 PM