Geometrical Quilts

Old June 6th 09, 01:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna[_4_]

Default Geometrical Quilts

Hi, Patty

Just wanted you to know that I bought your book today and
can't decide which one I want to make first! What a wonderful
quilt book....have three going around in my head screaming
"me first! me first!" LOL

Donna
in WA

Old June 6th 09, 07:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

That's great, Donna. Thanks for letting me know. I'd love to see a
picture when you do settle to one!
Have fun!
..
In message , Donna
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old June 6th 09, 08:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie[_2_]

On 6 June, 10:58, "Donna" wrote:
Hi, Patty

Just wanted you to know that I bought your book today and
can't decide which one I want to make first! *What a wonderful
quilt book....have three going around in my head screaming
"me first! me first!" * LOL

Donna
in WA

You'll enjoy working on the them Donna! Have fun. I've done the
spiral and the snowflake.
Cheers
Bronnie
Old June 6th 09, 03:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article
,
Bronnie wrote:

On 6 June, 10:58, "Donna" wrote:
Hi, Patty

Just wanted you to know that I bought your book today and
can't decide which one I want to make first! *What a wonderful
quilt book....have three going around in my head screaming
"me first! me first!" * LOL

Donna
in WA

You'll enjoy working on the them Donna! Have fun. I've done the
spiral and the snowflake.
Cheers
Bronnie

I agree with Bronnie, Donna! I thoroughly enjoyed making the Baravelle
Spiral.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old June 6th 09, 11:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate in MI

For those of us who missed the info on the book -- can you clue us in... and
maybe provide a link to a purchase location?

--
Kate in MI

.

Old June 6th 09, 11:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

I also recently purchased the book. My husband is a mathematician and
I want to make one for his office. I can't decide if I should show him
the book or make the quilt as a surprise. It will have to wait until
fall as there are several projects due during the late summer. One
thing I know and that is the color will be blue.

Susan

Old June 7th 09, 12:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita L in MA

Kate in MI wrote:
For those of us who missed the info on the book -- can you clue us in...
and maybe provide a link to a purchase location?

I got a copy from Amazon a while back. I have to say that I am
intimidated by it :-) It is amazing! Amazon still has it.

http://www.amazon.com/Geometrical-Qu...4329854&sr=8-1

I'm sure there are other places but this is the one I know of .

Rita

--
Rita L. in MA - One eyed Mutant Ninja Quilter :-)
Old June 7th 09, 12:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

no need for intimidation when you've got the author right here to ask her
questions if you get stuck on something.
just do it.
j.

"Rita L in MA" wrote

Old June 7th 09, 05:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

And our Patti is a fine (and patient) teacher. A while back I simply HAD to
make some perfect 5-pointed stars and Patti talked me through it. You have
to catch her when she's not raising rabbits but I'm sure she can get you
through a puzzle if you happen upon one. Polly

Old June 7th 09, 07:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Yes of course!

(You know what a hopeless salesperson I am!)

It is a set of 14 small quilts (roughly 24" square), based on patterns
derived from mathematical formulae - DON'T be afraid. There is nothing
mathematical about the making of them. The pictures of all the quilts
are on the cover of the book - so you can see what you are getting!
There is also a section, after the detailed instruction part, where I
have set out instructions for using the centre parts of the small quilts
as blocks to make a large bed quilt in four different ways: straight,
on point, medallion, and a fun offset one where all the centre squares
(which vary in size a little bit) are used in their original size
(rather than being squared up) with infill strips.
There are lots of tips throughout the book + bed and quilt sizes;
full-size patterns and quilting design suggestions for each one with
diagrams.

In the US, I believe the only place to get it is via Amazon.com. You
don't have to get it from Amazon itself. Some of the Amazon Marketplace
sellers are offering a better price. Do check their recorded
reputation, though.

You can, of course, get it from me (and I would sign it); but I can't
match the Amazon prices, because the postage is so huge. Amazon get
them from my publisher's US agent.

I can send a signed book plate, if anyone would like me to?

Thank you for your interest. IT is a great boost to hear how people
have enjoyed making the quilts.
..
In message , Kate in MI
writes