not completely OT...

Old April 16th 12, 12:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
betsey

Default not completely OT...

Have not been around much--back in feb, the DH had a dirt bike
accident--broke his tibia and destroyed his ACL. in all honesty,
despite being completed geared up (helmet, boots, appropriate
clothing)--if he hadn't caught his leg on the handlebars, he likely
would have been dead and/or broken neck. Two weeks ago, he had ACL
replacement surgery. Men in pain are NOT fun.

My Dad is on a steep decline in his health, so a few days a week, I am
driving 100 miles north to go visit my parents and try to help as much
as possible. through in two kids, two dogs two bunnies, one horse and
working full time....it's been hectic!

On a quilty note...the few days after Fred's surgery i reoganized my
big walk in clost and organized my stash. i bought storage cubbies
from lowes, and stacked them (two 9 unit cubbies), and folded all of
my quilt fabric on comic boards. as my ten year old son says "we now
have a private quilt shop". my other fabric is now neatly organized
in large totes. I cleaned the sewing room/office/game room and am so
much more organized. My bernina is still on layaway, so we are all
joking that i am nesting in prep for the new arrival.

I did find quilt blocks i had started, oh, some 14 years
ago....scrappy dimensional bow tie blocks. white on white print and
using a bunch of different floral scraps. got 3 or 4 blocks of some
prints, one of just others. I have finished enough blocks i think, to
put together a lap quilt (i made 48, thinking of a 6 block by 8 block
layout). I just need to lay out the blocks and stitch them together.
so i'm not completely not sewing.

If y'all could spare a good thought/prayers for the men in my life, i
would very much appreicate it. and oh, because i'm dealing wtih a
laid up 46 year old going on 16 year old mentality, a stiff drink for
me might help!

I hope everyone is doing well this spring--

betsey
Old April 16th 12, 02:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

On 16/04/2012 12:33, betsey wrote:
[...]

Hi Betsey,

Well done for finding time to organise your sewing stash ready for the
new arrival. Firstly I am sending good thoughts to you to help you cope
with all that your menfolk & children (some may be in both!) need. It
is tough when parents need help and are not close by, especially as
travelling is getting more & more costly. Make sure you don't run
yourself ragged.

Good thoughts to ALL in your life who need them and I look forward to
hearing about more progress on you lap quilt.

Lizzy

Old April 16th 12, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Usually, I'd offer prayers but if you're suffering a 46 year-old DH 'going
on' 16, I think a stiff drink is called for. Nothing, Nothing worse than
Mr. Esther with a head cold. If you have to kill him, insist on an all woman
jury. We'll understand you had to do it. Polly

"Lizzy Taylor" in part ...

Old April 16th 12, 03:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
betsey

On Apr 16, 9:43*am, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Usually, I'd offer prayers but if you're suffering a 46 year-old DH 'going
on' 16, I think a stiff drink is called for. *Nothing, Nothing worse than
Mr. Esther with a head cold. If you have to kill him, insist on an all woman
jury. *We'll understand you had to do it. *Polly

Thanks Polly! love that DH, but boy...seven weeks of this stuff is
not fun! and yes, no all woman jury would ever convict me!

betsey
Old April 16th 12, 05:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Good thoughts going out! for you too, since so many people depend on
your good will and strength.

It's good you have a quilt to work on -finishing something, no matter
what size, gives you the illusion of control over a chaotic world. And
I can tell it felt really good to clean your space!
Roberta in D

Old April 16th 12, 06:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

On 16/04/12 15:29, Sandy wrote:
In ,
"Polly wrote:

Usually, I'd offer prayers but if you're suffering a 46 year-old DH 'going
on' 16, I think a stiff drink is called for. Nothing, Nothing worse than
Mr. Esther with a head cold. If you have to kill him, insist on an all woman
jury. We'll understand you had to do it. Polly

"Lizzy Taylor" in part ...
If y'all could spare a good thought/prayers for the men in my life, i
would very much appreicate it. and oh, because i'm dealing wtih a
laid up 46 year old going on 16 year old mentality, a stiff drink for
me might help!

I'll second that, Polly! Best wishes, Lizzy -- our kind would die out
if men had to give birth. LOL!

Not me that needs your good wishes, but Betsey, I'll send them on in her
direction :-)

Lizzy
Old April 16th 12, 10:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

my heart goes out to you Betsey. take care of yourself!
Here's hoping the healing is swift for all or your sake.
Taria

"betsey" wrote in message

[...]

Completely OT. ?Skype?? Olwyn Mary Needlework 12 March 29th 09 02:58 AM
completely OT - any nurses? Karen, Queen of Squishies Quilting 2 January 3rd 07 11:30 PM
OT completely OT Georg Quilting 2 November 5th 06 03:18 AM
Completely OFF TOPIC Butterfly Quilting 3 October 23rd 05 02:13 PM
And completely OT Cheryl Isaak Needlework 12 May 22nd 05 09:05 PM