Cold weather cracking?

Old December 4th 03, 09:24 PM
Lindsay MacArthur

Default Cold weather cracking?

My studio is an old wood shop attached to our barn. Insulation is
poor and the only heat is from two space heaters which aren't on all
the time. Is there a risk of my bone dry pieces cracking if the
temperature gets too low?
LMac
Old December 5th 03, 10:44 PM
paula

my old studio was freezing. no insulation at all and single brick
built. i had gas and electric heaters but it still was cold. nothing
ever spoilt. my kiln room was really massive with a 25 foot ceiling
and i never had any heat in there at all except what my two kilns
kicked out.as i did not fire all day every day you can imagine how
cold it was. greenware, bisue and bisque that was glazed and awaiting
firing was left for days on end and it was all o.k.