Glass Eye 2000

Old February 9th 05, 01:42 AM
Glassman

Default Glass Eye 2000

After all these years I finally tried out the demo of the Glass Eye
designing program. Very impressive! The catolog of glass colors and textures
is amazing. Any of you actually use it in real world design work? If so
which version did you spring for? Seems like you can spend anywhere from $99
to $399.

--
JK Sinrod
Sinrod Stained Glass Studios

Old February 9th 05, 10:22 AM

Kim - I have the proplus and use it for all our design work.
It impresses clients when I can change the glass choices at a click and
print out a reasonable representation of the finished panel.
The autotrace is good for quick input of scanned pics from pattern
books and almost instant conversion to a colourable design and rough
price estimates.
I use the lamp wizard when teaching students how to design lampshades
too.
HTH
Elizabeth in UK
Bournemouth Stained Glass
http://www.stainedglass.co.uk

Old February 13th 05, 12:27 PM
GrandMarquis

I have been using Glasseye for several years. I am not a professional studio
but I did purchase GEPro w/o lamp wizard. It is an excellent program. I
have used it to design and build at least 20 different items and it is so
nice to be able to 'try' different ideas without a lot of effort - different
colors, etc. I now do all my designing with GlassEye professional.

Tony in Orlando, FL

Old February 25th 05, 11:39 PM
kfg

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 19:42:46 -0500, "Glassman" wrote:

After all these years I finally tried out the demo of the Glass Eye
designing program. Very impressive! The catolog of glass colors and textures
is amazing. Any of you actually use it in real world design work? If so
which version did you spring for? Seems like you can spend anywhere from $99
to $399.

I am a semipro glass artist and have been using GE for about 2 years. Presently using Pro w/o lamp designer. I have been extremely happy with it's performance. I had tried some other programs but feel that if I wasn't using GE that I would rather design by hand than using anything else.
-KFG
Old March 7th 05, 02:33 AM
Kitty

"Glassman" wrote in message
After all these years I finally tried out the demo of the Glass Eye
designing program. Very impressive! The catolog of glass colors and

textures
is amazing. Any of you actually use it in real world design work? If so
which version did you spring for? Seems like you can spend anywhere from

$99
to $399.

--
JK Sinrod
Sinrod Stained Glass Studios
www.sinrodstudios.com
Coney Island Memories
www.sinrodstudios.com/coneymemories

I would love to own GE, but its too expensive.

Kitty

Old March 7th 05, 06:18 AM
Ranger Jack

I'm a somewhat recent purchaser of GE2000 and I have to say I love it.
I went for the full Pro Plus edition and found it a snap to learn. I
just started playing with it on my own before actually tackling the
tutorial and found it incredibly intuitive. (The tutorial, btw, is
excellent).

I love the auto-trace feature and have used it to import a line drawing
from a pattern book to design a fireplace screen. My favorite faeture
tho, is the ability to "try out" different glass colors on your design
to get a really good idea what your piece will look like finished. And
it helps that once you have your pattern designed and colored in with
the glass you want, you can print out a shopping list of exactly how
much of each type of glass you need to buy (you can set your own
overall 'waste' factor and it will calculate sq foot of each kind of
glass you need).

I've just played with the lamp wizard (which is great, too btw), but
already have a lamp designed that I want to start on when my screen is
finished.

If you have the money, I would suggest to go for at least the Pro
edition, since that will give you a very extensive glass library (I
believe it's over 2300 actual glass samples from 9 different glass
manufacturers) to use as your pallette when you've finished your design
and are ready to add glass to it.

Ranger Jack

For those who want to know.. Making Beach Glass With Your Tumbler! Harry Beads 7 December 22nd 03 09:19 PM
Glaze FAQs Tom Buck Pottery 1 September 18th 03 04:16 PM
FA: $5.00The Technique of Stained Glass Elric of Imrryr Marketplace 0 July 30th 03 03:53 AM
glaze FAQs Tom Buck Pottery 0 July 18th 03 05:40 AM
Old glass receipts Matthew Spong Glass 0 July 4th 03 01:06 PM