Can you help me identify the artist?

Old June 10th 08, 06:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Ron Wood

Default Can you help me identify the artist?

Hi Group

I am trying to shed some light on the artist who created this lovely piece
and what it is called.

The colours in my photos are fairly close.

There are some hand engraved inscriptions on the reverse in three groups
which I am having difficulty in reading, they a

BLOWLO(?)(?) 1999 IESMN DAVIS 'VIRO' 11 of 40
It stands 5 1/8" (130mm) high x 7 3/4" (198mm) outer rim x approximately 8
1/2" (215mm) at the widest point.

Pictures of it can be viewed he

http://www.minsterebooks.co.uk/glassbowl/

TIA - Regards, Ron

Old June 11th 08, 05:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Kerry Montgomery

"Ron Wood" wrote in message
Hi Group

I am trying to shed some light on the artist who created this lovely piece
and what it is called.

The colours in my photos are fairly close.

There are some hand engraved inscriptions on the reverse in three groups
which I am having difficulty in reading, they a

BLOWLO(?)(?) 1999 IESMN DAVIS 'VIRO' 11 of 40
It stands 5 1/8" (130mm) high x 7 3/4" (198mm) outer rim x approximately 8
1/2" (215mm) at the widest point.

Pictures of it can be viewed he

http://www.minsterebooks.co.uk/glassbowl/

TIA - Regards, Ron

Hello Ron,
Very nice indeed. Are you buying, or selling? There's a similar piece in the
Lino Tagliapietra retrospective at the Museum of Glass in Tacoma, but that
doesn't match the inscriptions at all.
Kerry

Old June 11th 08, 03:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
David Billington

Ron Wood wrote:
Hi Group

I am trying to shed some light on the artist who created this lovely piece
and what it is called.

The colours in my photos are fairly close.

There are some hand engraved inscriptions on the reverse in three groups
which I am having difficulty in reading, they a

BLOWLO(?)(?) 1999 IESMN DAVIS 'VIRO' 11 of 40
It stands 5 1/8" (130mm) high x 7 3/4" (198mm) outer rim x approximately 8
1/2" (215mm) at the widest point.

Pictures of it can be viewed he

http://www.minsterebooks.co.uk/glassbowl/

TIA - Regards, Ron

I showed one of the pictures and the details to a couple of glassblowers
that I know earlier and they didn't recognise it as being obviously
attributable to one person. Their comment was also that it is graal work
and engraved so quite a common process that is done by lots of people,
might even have been a student piece.
Old June 13th 08, 07:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Ron Wood

"Kerry Montgomery" wrote in message

"Ron Wood" wrote in message
Hi Group

I am trying to shed some light on the artist who created this lovely
piece and what it is called.

The colours in my photos are fairly close.

There are some hand engraved inscriptions on the reverse in three groups
which I am having difficulty in reading, they a

BLOWLO(?)(?) 1999 IESMN DAVIS 'VIRO' 11 of 40
It stands 5 1/8" (130mm) high x 7 3/4" (198mm) outer rim x approximately
8 1/2" (215mm) at the widest point.

Pictures of it can be viewed he

http://www.minsterebooks.co.uk/glassbowl/

TIA - Regards, Ron

Hello Ron,
Very nice indeed. Are you buying, or selling? There's a similar piece in
the Lino Tagliapietra retrospective at the Museum of Glass in Tacoma, but
that doesn't match the inscriptions at all.
Kerry

I am selling, when I can find out a bit more about the piece/artist. Thanks
for the above lead.

Another poster has said it could possibly be a student piece, all I can say
is, he/she has some tallent.

Ron

Can you identify this? [email protected] Glass 2 November 25th 07 10:41 PM
can you identify what exactly I need please? eden Beads 4 March 29th 05 10:15 AM
Please help identify Moonraker Glass 38 November 25th 04 06:02 AM
Please help identify/value Sundog Glass 5 November 15th 04 06:33 AM