Sewing machines and table hockey

Old February 24th 05, 11:54 PM
Arri London

Default Sewing machines and table hockey

The cats like to play table hockey after we've gone to bed. This seems
to consist of chasing each other over the dining room table! Anything on
the table gets knocked out of the way. Don't know how they score points
though LOL

Left the Pfaff on said table last night...It was on its back this
morning (on some thick padding) and fortunately not on the floor. Ran it
through its paces and all seemed to be well.

Had it been the old all-metal Pfaff the cats wouldn't have been able to
knock it over at all; that sucker was heavy.
Old February 25th 05, 07:50 AM
She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston

In article , Arri London of no uttered
The cats like to play table hockey after we've gone to bed. This seems
to consist of chasing each other over the dining room table! Anything on
the table gets knocked out of the way. Don't know how they score points
though LOL

Left the Pfaff on said table last night...It was on its back this
morning (on some thick padding) and fortunately not on the floor. Ran it
through its paces and all seemed to be well.

Had it been the old all-metal Pfaff the cats wouldn't have been able to
knock it over at all; that sucker was heavy.

Umm ... why not just banish them from the dining room at night? They
shouldn't be on the table anyway (eeeuw). My cats have always been
packed off to bed in the kitchen, with the option of going out through
the catflap if they want to play.
--

AJH
alpha dot hotel echo yankee whisky oscar oscar delta at tango echo
Old February 25th 05, 09:42 AM

She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston Guild wrote:

Umm ... why not just banish them from the dining room at night? They
shouldn't be on the table anyway (eeeuw). My cats have always been
packed off to bed in the kitchen, with the option of going out through
the catflap if they want to play.

Not everybody has a sealed-off place to leave their cats. We sure
don't. The only places that can get closed off is the bedrooms and the
bathroom, and the cat box is in the bathroom.
Old February 25th 05, 10:21 AM
She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston

In article , Melinda Meahan -
take out TRASH to reply of uttered

Not everybody has a sealed-off place to leave their cats. We sure
don't. The only places that can get closed off is the bedrooms and the
bathroom, and the cat box is in the bathroom.

Ah well, I always buy old houses, and in the UK that tends to mean doors
that close. I like them.

Old February 25th 05, 02:07 PM
Kate Dicey

She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston Guild wrote:

In article , Melinda Meahan -
take out TRASH to reply of uttered

Not everybody has a sealed-off place to leave their cats. We sure
don't. The only places that can get closed off is the bedrooms and the
bathroom, and the cat box is in the bathroom.

Ah well, I always buy old houses, and in the UK that tends to mean doors
that close. I like them.

My house is fairly new by UK standards: 1928. Nice solid brick internal
walls, so I can put bookshelves up anywhere!

http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old February 25th 05, 03:49 PM
She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston

In article , Kate
Dicey of Customer of PlusNet plc (http://www.plus.net) uttered

My house is fairly new by UK standards: 1928. Nice solid brick
internal walls, so I can put bookshelves up anywhere!

-

About 20 years newer than mine then - good, innit?

Old February 25th 05, 06:43 PM
Kate Dicey

She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston Guild wrote:

In article , Kate
Dicey of Customer of PlusNet plc (http://www.plus.net) uttered

My house is fairly new by UK standards: 1928. Nice solid brick
internal walls, so I can put bookshelves up anywhere!

-

About 20 years newer than mine then - good, innit?

YEAH! Our previous house was positively New - built in the 60's.
Still had solid interior walls, though. It does make a difference to
noise transmission between rooms.

Old February 25th 05, 06:56 PM
Cappy

I had a co-worker once who's husband was British. They eventually moved to
England... But while I was working with her, she was lamenting about how
her MIL was moving from the "old" cottage (getting to be too much upkeep she
said) to the "new" cottage.

The "old" one was 600 yrs old, the "new" one was 300.... grin

I apply that to the USA... I lived in Denver and would take folks on the
Coors Brewery tour when they came to visit. The tour directors went on and
on about "old" buildings built in the late 1800's. Here, on the east coast,
Jamestown is getting ready to celebrate it's quatracentennial (? 400 yrs)
and there are a few buildings remaining from the early/mid 1700's... Just a
mile down the street from me there is an archeological dig of a early 1700's
port - Londontowne, last stop on the Chesapeake bay, used it to clean up
before heading in to Annapolis to trade...

Age is all relative... grin

Cappy

Old February 25th 05, 07:16 PM
BEI Design

Cappy wrote:
Here, on the east coast, Jamestown is getting
ready to celebrate it's quatracentennial (? 400 yrs) and there
are a few buildings remaining from the early/mid 1700's...
Just a mile down the street from me there is an archeological
dig of a early 1700's port - Londontowne, last stop on the
Chesapeake bay, used it to clean up before heading in to
Annapolis to trade...

There is a great article in the January 2005 Smithsonian magazine
about the dig at Jamestown. Fascinating!

--
Beverly
delete no spam and .invalid to reply

Old February 25th 05, 08:09 PM

She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston Guild wrote:

Not everybody has a sealed-off place to leave their cats. We sure
don't. The only places that can get closed off is the bedrooms and the
bathroom, and the cat box is in the bathroom.

Ah well, I always buy old houses, and in the UK that tends to mean doors
that close. I like them.

I would love to buy an old house like what you have. Unfortunately, I
live in the San Francisco Bay Area and the only house we could afford
was a post-war tract home when we bought 22 years ago, because these
houses are going for almost a half-million dollars right now (1000
square foot house, 1/8 acre lot) and there's no way I could afford one now.

But I *LOVE* old homes and others that have character and aren't
plain-vanilla tract-type homes.

World's Easiest Threading Sewing Machine? Jill T. Freeze Quilting 9 June 8th 04 07:53 PM
Looking for Help Roy Neudecker Glass 4 January 20th 04 05:40 PM
hand glass beveling machines for sale, ten, located florida, USA bill yohler Glass 19 December 31st 03 02:17 PM
Thoughts on arrival of new machines Valkyrie Quilting 39 September 16th 03 12:12 AM
Thoughts on arrival of new machines Valkyrie Sewing 37 September 16th 03 12:12 AM