What is on your list?

Old December 1st 04, 11:40 AM
Katherine

THey do! ANd then they wonder why morale keeps slipping.

Hugs,
Katherine

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Ohhhh Yes Katherine , Isn`t it `interesting ` how They always find
ways to Cut on OUR salary ,???
mirjam
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 06:17:25 -0400, "Katherine"
wrote:

Els van Dam wrote:
In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

I am an ex-librarian, Mirjam.

Katherine

And I am an ex Library technician.......

Basically the same thing, but not as much money, right? At least,
that is the way it is here.

Hugs,
Katherine

Old December 1st 04, 11:41 AM
Katherine

Els van Dam wrote:
In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

Els van Dam wrote:
In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

I am an ex-librarian, Mirjam.

Katherine

And I am an ex Library technician.......

Basically the same thing, but not as much money, right? At least,
that is the way it is here.

Hugs,
Katherine

Yes that is true in the public library system, but I ended up working
for
an advertising agengy and not only did I love it....mainly research
work, but I had a great boss, and the creative people were a
blast.....I was
very lucky. One of the accounts we had was Moose head beer. When
one of the sons of one of the bosses came to work for a summer at our
office, we had races up to the top of the building where we were
temporarely
located. I joined in walking up and down the stairs (12 flights) but
never raced.....LOL.....My boss, just as old as Otto, did tough and
once while he turned the corner of the landing hit his hand a broke
his pink. When we came to work the next Monday, here was Brian with
his pinky in a sing...and he lost by two seconds being the
fastest.....Oh well, lots of laughs all around. I learned a lot
during those 10 years. Best dicision
I ever made, to go back to school when I was 49. I also think that I
did
it right (also that I could of course) to stay home while the kids
were in public school. I know that that was easier to do in the
sixties, and seventies. No we did have no money to spare, but Otto
and I always were handy with our hands, and made things from scratch.
In a rich society as Canada, there was and is today so much that gets
throw out, that can be re-used.

Well here goes Els......with long stories when one word answers would
suffice

But we LOVE your long stories! I also stayed at home when my children were
small. I had no spare money then, but I don't now, either and I work
full-time. g

Katherine

Old December 1st 04, 11:42 AM
Katherine

You teach full-time and run the library as well? Good for you!

Katherine

Aud wrote:
.. and I am in charge for our scohool library.
I love it, but I'm not a "real" librarian!
Aud ;-)

"Katherine" skrev i melding
I am an ex-librarian, Mirjam.

Katherine

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
hahahah Jan , you might be surprised how many librarians and ex
librarians are here ?
mirjam
On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 21:28:22 GMT, "Tante Jan"
wrote:

"NoraBalcer" wrote in message
Hi Jan,

I'm sorry I'm a little late in saying welcome to this great group.
The cyber gremlins have been playing with the newsgroups and I'm
way behind. I'm another person who loves to read, but don't hit
the libraries as I worked in them for over 30 years and have
stayed away. LOL.

Nora

Hi Nora, thanks for the welcome. One reason I like libraries so
much is that most people who work in them are unfailingly helpful.
From what I have observed on this newsgroup, that description fits
you well. I'm sure others here would agree.

Jan

Old December 1st 04, 11:42 AM
Katherine

NoraBalcer wrote:
Hi Els,

I enjoyed your story. When I started work in the public library I was
just a clerk, then when I joined the corporate world, it became a
library clerk, then we went to AA's.

"AA"??? Administrative Assistant?

Hugs,
Katherine

Old December 1st 04, 03:43 PM
Aud

"Katherine" skrev i melding
You teach full-time and run the library as well? Good for you!

Katherine

.... but may be NOT GOOD for the school library!LOL!!
Aud ;-))

Old December 1st 04, 03:44 PM
Aud

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" skrev i melding
Aud if you take care of the Library you probably have the Knowledge
and love and patience to do it ,,,,, thus You ARE a LIBRARIAN
mirjam
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 23:28:44 +0100, "Aud"
wrote:

...at least I feel I could have been!LOL!
AUD ;-))

Old December 1st 04, 04:20 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Katherine,

Yes, that is what the AA stands for. Even the secretaries are now called that.
Fancy title, no more pay for the same work. LOL

Hugs,

Nora
Old December 1st 04, 08:37 PM
Katherine

Aud wrote:
"Katherine" skrev i melding
You teach full-time and run the library as well? Good for you!

Katherine

... but may be NOT GOOD for the school library!LOL!!
Aud ;-))

I'll bet you do a great job!

Katherine

Old December 1st 04, 08:37 PM
Katherine

NoraBalcer wrote:
Hi Katherine,

Yes, that is what the AA stands for. Even the secretaries are now
called that. Fancy title, no more pay for the same work. LOL

LOL Yes, they do that here, too.

Hugs,
Katherine