request for introduction

Old March 3rd 04, 09:36 PM
Sally Holmes

Default request for introduction

GARY WAINWRIGHT wrote:
I HAVE YET TO MEET A HOUSEHOLD THAT COULD NOT DO WITH A FEW EXTRA`S.

And right here in Gary's post there's an extra apostrophe for us!

Sally

Old March 4th 04, 08:45 AM
Pogonip

Kate Dicey wrote:

Sally Holmes wrote:

GARY WAINWRIGHT wrote:

I HAVE YET TO MEET A HOUSEHOLD THAT COULD NOT DO WITH A FEW EXTRA`S.

And right here in Gary's post there's an extra apostrophe for us!

Sally

I's it a nice pink 'spam coloured one? I didn't 'see his original po'st,
but it ha's the air about it in the bit you quoted.

Oh, and I found all the'se other 's's lying around unu'se, 'so I thought
I'd u'se them up... Have you read 'Eats, Shoots and Leaves'? Wonderful
book all about the uses and misuses of 'such thing's a's the grocer's
apostrophe.
--

If you have any left over, you can scooch them down and
make commas out of them. So handy for phrases like,

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
http://bernardschopen.tripod.com/
Life is about the journey, not about the destination.

Old March 4th 04, 02:57 PM
William Morris

If you have any left over, you can scooch them down and
make commas out of them. So handy for phrases like,
"What's that in the road, ahead?" and "What is this thing
called, love?"
--

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
http://bernardschopen.tripod.com/
Life is about the journey, not about the destination.

Yeah, you can move them down, but if your post gets wet they float back up
again. You have to hold them in place with water resistant grammar...

--
William Morris
Tailor, Seamlyne reProductions

Old March 4th 04, 07:07 PM
Sally Holmes

Pogonip wrote:
Kate Dicey wrote:
Oh, and I found all the'se other 's's lying around unu'se, 'so I
thought I'd u'se them up... Have you read 'Eats, Shoots and
Leaves'? Wonderful book all about the uses and misuses of 'such
thing's a's the grocer's apostrophe.

If you have any left over, you can scooch them down and
make commas out of them. So handy for phrases like,
"What's that in the road, ahead?" and "What is this thing
called, love?"

A woman: without her, man is nothing.
A woman, without her man, is nothing.

Did you know that there's a newsgroup called
alt.possessive.its.has.no.apostrophe? It seems to exist to answer questions
of punctuation.

Sally

Old March 4th 04, 09:59 PM
Kate Dicey

William Morris wrote:

Yeah, you can move them down, but if your post gets wet they float back up
again. You have to hold them in place with water resistant grammar...

--
William Morris
Tailor, Seamlyne reProductions
Visit our website, http://www.seamlyne.com, for the most comfortable
historically inspired clothing you can buy!

...and bullet proof syntax...

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old March 4th 04, 11:36 PM
Polly Esther

Well, Sally, I just had to go see that for myself. I didn't stay long but
couldn't tell if they were sarcastic, just having fun or about to kill each
other. What say you? Polly

Old March 4th 04, 11:39 PM
Penny S

Sally Holmes stood on a soapbox and shouted to anyone who would
listen :

Did you know that there's a newsgroup called
alt.possessive.its.has.no.apostrophe? It seems to exist to answer
questions of punctuation.

Sally

never ceases to amaze me, what's out there in some 40,000 newsgroups....

Old March 5th 04, 04:12 PM

request for introduction

Please Post Spew Warnings!!
Cea' ask's, dribbling on her a'lready inadequate key'board.
---
(Pogonip)
Sally quotes:
GARY WAINWRIGHT wrote:
I HAVE YET TO MEET A HOUSEHOLD THAT COULD NOT DO WITH A FEW EXTRA`S.
And right here in Gary's post there's an extra apostrophe for us!
---
Joanne set's us'un's up for s'pit on the key'board: