CARLA los angeles

Old November 11th 04, 12:54 AM
Woodenmustache

Default CARLA los angeles

CARLA
Carla= crafters are righteous – Los Angeles

Carla hopes to accomplish 4 things
1: create fine art, wearables, and functional art with objects such as Popsicle
sticks, rhinestones, clay, string, stickers, food items, leaves paints, and
pipe cleaners, but not limited to kids crafts.

2: simultaneously hold potluck dinners. Each guest interested in attending
Carla will be asked to bring one hot or cold item or beverage that reflects
that month’s letter (explained below).

3: provide a forum for listening to new, avant-guard, old, and any
lesser-heard music of importance. Again, music is to reflect the month’s
letter.

4: Additionally, we at Carla hope to create a mixer or co-ed feel. Carla will
organize surveys, mind-reading lectures, and games that will introduce
strangers to each other in unusual ways.

Letter theme: each month a letter of the alphabet will help attendees decide
what music and food item they should contribute to Carla. Crafts will be
provided by Carla leaders and are therefore unnecessary to bring unless you are
really adamant about sharing that craft. Our first meeting will be held on
November 24, 2004. The letter is s. So, as an invited guest, you might be
interested in bring salad and sonic youth to share. Or Samuel barber and
spaghetti. The important thing is to have an s in the word so we can have
unity and coherence to the night.

The event will be held at my studio loft in los angeles. For traveling
purposes, the zip code is 90065. Please email and let
us know you’d like to attend. We will then send you our address, time of
Carla, and a thank you for your interests. Carla guarantees laughter, prizes
for best crafter/food item of the evening, and a myriad of odd interaction.