sunday flea market finds

Old April 25th 04, 11:51 PM
Llaurie

Default sunday flea market finds

Today the flea market returned to the little mall by our house after having a run in with the town council about business licenses - and i got some more stash
$2 for 300 grams of a nice royal purple worsted weight which will become a thick pair of socks for my purple loving mom ( luckily the people in my family like short thick socks just up to our thick ankles ;)
Also $1 for a kind of pearlized topaz blue cotton - im thinking of crocheting a set of curtains out of this believe it or not.

Anyone else get any good buys this weekend?
laurie
(formelly a yarn snob)
Old April 26th 04, 03:10 AM
Slinky

I made a moderately good haul, none of it fiber-related

My current kbd (a 5yo M$ naturalkey) is losing its wits. My output
speed is down because I have to correct double-strikes, no-strikes,
and other oddities. So, new kbd for me and it came iwth a bonus mouse
and a rebate so that was good.

At the same geekstore I found an 802.11(g) router discounted as an
"open box return" so the DH can now take his laptop into the reading
room if he so desires. He's had the wireless card for a while but
could only "unhook" when he went somewhere for a meeting if the venue
had a WiFi network.

What else. Oh, a stack of DVD+-/+- rewritable media for a mere 75c
per disc. A veritable steal, so I went through the checkout three
times, each time with a different cashier (like they didn't catch on,
right?) to cash in, so to speak.

And I am hopefully going to score a complete set of 50+yo Henckle
knives with the original block for pittance. No, it isn't an Ebay
sale, some kid at the local uni is apparently cleaning out his
apartment early and offloading some stuff his granny gave him. Cross
your fingers for me.

Old April 26th 04, 02:45 PM
Helen Halla Fleischer

| On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 22:51:46 GMT, "Llaurie" wrote:

Anyone else get any good buys this weekend?

20 feet of tubing, a couple of mylar "cholesterol" conditioning caps for
doing henna packs and some watercolor brushes.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer, Fantasy & Fiber Artist
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Balticon Art Program Coordinator http://www.balticon.org

Flea Market Find SunnyQuilt Quilting 20 December 28th 04 09:11 PM
OT - Sunday School Jalynne Beads 39 August 18th 04 02:56 AM
Flea market find Shirley Shone Beads 6 June 5th 04 03:37 AM
Saw some old Singer machines at the flea market SusanTorrens Quilting 0 November 15th 03 07:32 PM
makers mark on flea market find Shirley Shone Beads 7 August 14th 03 10:39 PM