baby blankets

Old May 18th 09, 04:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spike

Default baby blankets

Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply wrote:
Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply) wrote:

About twenty years ago my cousin knitted a christening shawl using
very thin needles and very, very fine wool from the sheep's neck. The
completed item is about 4 feet square and, according to Shetland
tradition, must be able to be drawn through a wedding ring. My
cousin's shawl passed this test but she says she won't ever do one
again, neither her eyesight, her concentration or her patience are up
to it anymore!

A decade or so ago when I was on the Knit List that had a HUUUUGE
traffic, there was a lady who told a story about buying a fleece from a
baby lamb who either was stillborn or only lived a few days, and the
lady selling the fleece was very sad at the thought of selling the
fleece of that poor baby lamb (although this was her business -- she
raised sheep to sell their fleeces), and the lady who bought the fleece
spun it super-thin and made one of these types of shawls, and the next
time she was going to be in the vicinity of the fleece-seller, she took
the shawl she had made to show the lady so she could rejoice in the
marvel of beauty that had been created. That was the best true story I
ever heard on my few years on the list, and I was sorry that I didn't
keep a copy of it.

It would be very interesting.

Please share with us if you find it

Dennis
Old May 18th 09, 05:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

There is always something on the needles here. Summer is when I do most of
my Christmas knitting.
At the present, I am knitting for myself. There is a picture of the project
here in the upper left corner of the page.http://www.knitrowan.com/whats-on/gallery.aspx
Using size 2 needles and Rowan Cashcotton, so progress is slow.
DA

That is Beautiful DA ,,
Hope you have fun knitting
mirjam
Old May 18th 09, 01:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA[_3_]

There is always something on the needles here. Summer is when I do most
of my Christmas knitting.
At the present, I am knitting for myself. There is a picture of the
project here in the upper left corner of the page.
http://www.knitrowan.com/whats-on/gallery.aspx
Using size 2 needles and Rowan Cashcotton, so progress is slow.
DA

Da,

It looks like fun to me.

I did an very fine knit for my niece several years ago, 28 per inch. It
was fun.

Dennis

If there weren't spring/summer distractions, then I think there would be
more knitting done.
DA

Old May 18th 09, 01:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA[_3_]

wrote in message
There is always something on the needles here. Summer is when I do most
of
my Christmas knitting.
At the present, I am knitting for myself. There is a picture of the
project
here in the upper left corner of the
page.http://www.knitrowan.com/whats-on/gallery.aspx
Using size 2 needles and Rowan Cashcotton, so progress is slow.
DA

That is Beautiful DA ,,
Hope you have fun knitting
mirjam

Thanks you. The shaping of the fronts is quite interesting, having to keep
track of all the increases and decreases makes counting almost every row a
chore.
DA

Old May 19th 09, 02:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spike

DA wrote:
wrote in message
There is always something on the needles here. Summer is when I do
most of
my Christmas knitting.
At the present, I am knitting for myself. There is a picture of the
project
here in the upper left corner of the
page.http://www.knitrowan.com/whats-on/gallery.aspx
Using size 2 needles and Rowan Cashcotton, so progress is slow.
DA

That is Beautiful DA ,,
Hope you have fun knitting
mirjam

Thanks you. The shaping of the fronts is quite interesting, having to
keep track of all the increases and decreases makes counting almost
every row a chore.
DA

Please post a picture DA.

Please,
Dennis
Old May 19th 09, 03:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA[_3_]

Thanks you. The shaping of the fronts is quite interesting, having to
keep track of all the increases and decreases makes counting almost
every row a chore.
DA

Please post a picture DA.

Please,
Dennis

Dennis, I don't have an account at any of the online photo sites.
Sorry,
DA

Old May 19th 09, 04:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply[_2_]

It was a mailing list in the days before advertising-supported mailing
lists, and I doubt I will ever find a copy unless someone reads this and
happened to have saved it.

Old May 20th 09, 02:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spike

DA wrote:
Thanks you. The shaping of the fronts is quite interesting, having to
keep track of all the increases and decreases makes counting almost
every row a chore.
DA

Please post a picture DA.

Please,
Dennis

Dennis, I don't have an account at any of the online photo sites. Sorry,
DA

There are a few free ones online. If you need help give me a line or
email me and I will post it.

Dennis
Old May 20th 09, 02:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spike

Spike wrote:
the best true story I ever heard on my few years on the list, and I
was sorry that I didn't keep a copy of it.

It would be very interesting.

Please share with us if you find it

Dennis

Thanks for the reply. You never know, maybe some one will read this.

Dennis