quilty hug gift

Old July 10th 03, 12:59 AM
Ann Adamson

Default quilty hug gift

I guess I don't, but I just didn't want to do it if she wasn't OK with that.
But, she said OK, so here's the URL to my photo album, and you can see the
pretty HUG quilt at the bottom.

http://photos.yahoo.com/annadamson

At least, I *think* this qualifies as a HUG. But nonetheless, it's an
amazing gift.

The colors in the photo of course do not do it complete justice, but it is
SO pretty.

Ann

"Queen of Squishies" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Now that IS a good friend! It sounds lovely, I can't wait to see it! I'm

little puzzled though. If it's yours now, why do you need her permission

post a picture of it?

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old July 10th 03, 01:19 AM
Elena

It's BEEEEEEEAUUUUTIFUL!! smiles

Elena, popping back in for a second look.

. ..

Old July 10th 03, 01:38 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Does she have my addy?

Happy Dancing with you among the cow patties!

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

"Ann Adamson" wrote in message
. ..
My good friend (who is a lurker here) just presented me with a BEAUTIFUL

lap
quilt that she had made and I admired, which she just took to have quilted
and spent HOURS binding. It is SO gorgeous! I would post a picture, but

forgot to ask her permission, so I'll have to save that until/unless she
approves. It is the Sunshine & Shadow pattern from Traditions with a

Twist,
and is all done in lavenders, blues, and white. I'm in awe!

Now, that's a good friend!

Ann

Old July 10th 03, 01:47 AM
The Nielands

Ann, it's beautiful! I can see why you admired it -- and what a great friend
you have to have made it for you. It made me a little wistful -- the first
quilt I made was a TATW, and I later made a baby quilt for our first
grandchild using a variation of TATW, and looking at yours reminded me of
what a good feeling I had as I worked on them (and when I finished them!).
Wow, memories of making quilts are almost as good as actually making them!

Louise

Old July 10th 03, 12:49 PM
Queen of Squishies

I agree!!!! VERY pretty!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old July 10th 03, 03:04 PM
Roberta Zollner

Gorgeous! She was smart to give it to someone who appreciates it :-) Wish I
could see the quilting a bit more -is it random, or some kind of feather
design?
Roberta in D

Old July 10th 03, 08:38 PM
Ann Adamson

OK, it's sort of a feathery meander. It's best to see it -- I just added
photos to the photo album where you can better see the quilting.

"Ann Adamson" wrote in message
.. .
Oh, let me see if I can post another photo today...you can see the

quilting
pattern very well on the back.
It is a lovely feathered design.