"Future" Finish

Old January 22nd 04, 04:03 PM
Allen Mealer

Default "Future" Finish

I'm using Future brand floor polish as a finish for some of my first pieces;
after it dries, do I need to rebake in order to "harden" or seal the finish
before buffing?

Thanks!
Allen
Birmingham, AL

Old January 22nd 04, 04:47 PM
SunsetStarWolf

Future,,, do I need to rebake in order to "harden" or seal the finish
before buffing?

Allen,
You don't really have to bake afterwards, though some people do (at a low temp,
say around 110 for 10 min.), claiming it helps level the brush stroke marks,
and perhaps hardens the finish itself. So, you might want to experiment
yourself, and see if you find much discernable difference.
As for buffing... I don't see why you would buff your Future finish, since the
shine's already there.
Check out www.Glassattic.com for lots more info on finishes, sanding, buffing,
etc.
And let's see some pics of those first pieces of yours!

Barbara
Old January 22nd 04, 06:21 PM
Allen Mealer

Thanks, Barbara! I've been to the Glass Attic site but have barely
scratched the surface. Any suggestions on where I could post pictures of
some of my "stuff"?

Allen
Birmingham, AL

Old January 22nd 04, 09:53 PM
SunsetStarWolf

Oh, gee, I'm not too sure where the free sites are for photos these days. The
ones I knew of in the past have shut down. I have AOL, and there's some space
they allot for web pages.. so I haven't really looked around for others.
Hopefully someone will pop up here and suggest some sites you could use.

Barbara

Old January 24th 04, 01:28 AM
Lukabara

Hi,
I didn't see the original post regarding free sites for photos,
but I believe the site I use -- care2.com-- is still free (is for me!)
I also have some things at HobbyStage (if they haven't shut me
down for not updating in so long!) http://hobbystage.net/art/
Hope that helps,
alisa
Lukabara Bay http://www.freewebs.com/lukabara