This could be it - fingers crossed!

Old June 30th 05, 06:43 PM
AliceW

Default This could be it - fingers crossed!

Well, my daughter is looking at houses again! She was really bummed
when she got so close to getting one in February and it didn't work out
due to a miserable house inspection report (house should have been sold
"as is" since the owners refused to repair anything!). Anyway, she's
got the bug again and we are going to see one tomorrow morning at
8:30am. It has been listed for about 10 days, but tomorrow is the
first day for showings since it was being rehabbed. It sounds like
just what she needs. It has 4 bedrooms in addition to a finished attic
and full basement. It has been all redone on the inside, has new
windows and siding and roof. It also has a fenced yard (165 feet deep)
already which she needs for her pups. It has a mud room and a laundry
room on the main floor and ceiling fans in many of the rooms. There is
a church across the street and green acres property behind her which
means they can't build there. And she has parking for 3 cars.

The price is not to be believed! And she said if it goes through, I
can use her basement for a long arm machine room in trade for baby
sitting! (see how easy it is to make it on-topic?).

At this price, it won't last long. She is going away for the weekend,
leaving early tomorrow so that's why the appointment is so early. The
house is vacant as well. Plus, it is very close to our house so my
cuddle time with the baby shouldn't be decreased at all. If she likes
it right off, she will make an offer immediately. We've seen the
outside already which is ok, so she just needs to make sure the inside
has what she needs.

Please keep your fingers and toes crossed for her - and me - on this
one. I know some folks are on the other side of the fence with selling
their houses and some are buying, so you know how this goes. Houses
here are on the market for less than 2 weeks so we gotta jump on this
one right quick.

I'll keep you posted! Thanks!

AliceW

Old June 30th 05, 08:05 PM
Cindy Schmidt

Woooooohoooooooooo. Sounds like a fantastic deal Alice. Keeping everything
crossed that I possibly can. (without getting hurt)

--
Cindy from MO

oups.com...

Old June 30th 05, 08:28 PM
Taria

Piggybacking. Sure hope this one is the house for dd Alice.
Will send 'moving' wishes for her.
My goodness there is a lot of folks moving around here these
days. Must be catchy!
Taria

Old June 30th 05, 09:02 PM
Sandy Foster

In article .com,
"AliceW" wrote:

Well, my daughter is looking at houses again!

Best of luck to your DD and you in this!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old June 30th 05, 09:06 PM
nana2b

Got'em crossed Alice. I wish her good luck. Linda

Old June 30th 05, 10:24 PM
Sharon Harper

SOunds like lots of room for international visitors too! I'm in with the
crossed fingers and good wishes. Can't wait to find out!!

quicker)

oups.com...

Old July 1st 05, 01:33 AM
AliceW

Hey, when she moves out with her two dogs and two cats, there will be room
at MY house for international visitors!

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
: SOunds like lots of room for international visitors too! I'm in with the
: crossed fingers and good wishes. Can't wait to find out!!
:
: --
: Sharon from Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
: http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html (takes a while to load)
: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazrules/my_photos (same as website but
: quicker)
:
: oups.com...

Old July 1st 05, 04:56 AM
Pat in Virginia

Hey, how about some local national visitors ... from Virginia?!
PAT

Old July 1st 05, 05:24 AM
Polly Esther

Okay. You knew Old Grumpy would appear here. We've been through so many
tales of basements flooding, leaking and assorted trauma. Please, please
before you make an offer, do find out if the entire neighborhood or state
drains through the front door and downstairs. For obvious reasons, there are
no basements in the Swamp so I only know about them through this group. Can
we please have a professional inspection before we fork over any signatures
or dollars? Other than that, it just sounds so wonderful. Very best
wishes, Polly

"maryd" wrote in message
Hope this works out well!!!

--
Mary
oups.com...

Fingers Crossed Flossy Quilting 10 June 10th 04 12:32 AM
Need crossed fingers or toes AliceW Quilting 10 May 8th 04 05:52 PM
OT - Cross your fingers LN \(remove NOSPAM\) Quilting 63 November 3rd 03 02:23 AM
Marty Bell Crossed The Rainbow Bridge! Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Needlework 2 October 31st 03 01:06 PM
OT - Keep fingers (and toes) crossed! AliceW Quilting 6 August 5th 03 08:52 PM