Bye for a little while (Kinda long)

Old November 20th 03, 02:58 PM
David & Barbara Schmidt

Default Bye for a little while (Kinda long)

Well most of you know by now that I have been very busy making Salsa and
quilted stuff for an upcoming craft bazaar at church. It starts 2 weeks
from tomorrow. For all those that I promised to mail flyers to, those
will go out in the mail this weekend.

We (hubby & I ) will have 60 half-pints and 30 pints of our salsa for
sale. We have it in 5 heats from "Muy Piquito" (sp?) to "Diablo".

I have made 5 frayed edge quilts, over a dozen pot holders, and started
several stockings, which I had fabric for but not embellishments.I was
trying to figure out what to do. Then yesterday I got this magazine with
patterns for stockings shaped like cowboy boots, ballet slippers, feet,
elf boots, ice skates, and a dog's paw. They are soooooooo Cute!!!! If
you want to take a look go to www.familyfun.com/magazine and find the
stocking link.

I saw them and fell in love with them but had no money to go buy more
fabric and stuff to make them and finish the others I've cut out. I came
up with a proposition for my hubby.

Besides gettting ready for the bazaar, I've also got to finish cleaning
the house for a Tupperware party and 2 Christmas parties we are having
here in the next 3 weeks. Hubby says I spend too much time on this
computer.

So my proposition to him was to go have some serious S.E.X. today, in
exchange I will pay him back after the bazaar and stay off the computer
(except for job searching purposes) until after Dec. 13th (the last of
the Christmas parties). That will give me more time to finish cleaning
the house and sew like crazy.

So after today ya'll won't hear from me for a little over 3 weeks.
I promise to take pictures and post them when I get back, in addition to
the pics I already promised. i will let you know how the bazaar turns
out. Hopefully I'll make a small fortune. We've decided on prices for
the salsa, but I've still got to decide how to price this other stuff. I
know I can't realistically ask what I think I should, but in discussing
this with the gals in charge they think I'm not charging enough. 4 of
the frayed edge flannel quilts are around 48x60 and one of them is about
60x80. I was thinking of $25 for the smaller and $40 for the larger.
They thought I should go $35 and $50, but I don't think that's
realistic. The potholders are just squares of fabric, nothing pieced,
and I was thinking $3 or 4 on them. The stockings range in size from
ornament size to 2 feet long ( the new fancy ones I'm buying for today)
and I ws thinking $3 for the ornaments up to $20 for the fancy 2 feet
ones.

If any of you have thoughts, or have sold stuff like this, i would
appreciate your input. Like I said I'll be checking messages today, but
then it's adios for 3 weeks.

Love to all of ya'll!

Babs
Queen of Hot Stuff
And one busy woman at the moment!

Old November 20th 03, 03:23 PM
Lynne Van

Three weeks and no newsgroup? Boy will you be ready for
squishies and chocolate when you get back!

Best wishes for your bazaar and other events. And just
think...by the time you do get back, you'll have the house all
cleaned up for Christmas!!!

Cheers,

Lynne in Toronto

Old November 20th 03, 03:44 PM
Roberta Zollner

Good luck with the bazaar! (Fingers seriously crossed here.) As a veteran of
many of these, I agree that customers are stingy about paying reasonable
prices. But on the bright side, any of your things left over would make
great gifts!
We'll be waiting to hear how it went (and wondering if you can really last 3
weeks without us ;-)
Roberta in D

Old November 20th 03, 05:25 PM
Aprshowers

OH MY those stockings are great! I've got ideas now for the pets and new
ones for us. Have fun!

--
April SW Washington

"Some People I like more than others...
And some People I like even more than
the People I like more than others...
And YOU I like more than all of 'EM!"

Old November 20th 03, 09:39 PM
Diana Curtis

If you must go.. then do with a happy heart because its for a good reason.
We will be overjoyed to see you come back to us when your other jobs are
done. Have fun!
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

Old November 21st 03, 03:46 AM
Elena

3 weeks..wow! Good luck at the bazaar ( yes still planning on coming. )
We'll save your seat around the quilting frame and leave a light on in the
window.
Hurry back, but have fun!

Elena in Tx