Sykhook's String Stand is GREAT!!!

Old April 4th 18, 01:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default Sykhook's String Stand is GREAT!!!

Greetings from Ontario, Canada.

Long ago (and not so far away) I came across the fantastic Skyhook string stand. I still use one from time to time. I don't have time to scroll through all of the messages looking for an active link to the instructions, and was wondering if anyone knows where one could find a working link or instructions on how to 'build one' wink, wink? I would love to share it on, yep, FB, with proper credit to the designer. I know this is a long shot; however it is worth taking the time to send out this message. Been reading through some of the messages, old and new, and it reminds me that once our hobby/obsession was so well supported by real shops and lovely people. Sigh

FB can be fun, it can also be one giant soap opera. It does let me stay in touch with my far-flung family members, including grandchildren and long-lost cousins, so there is that.

Cheers

RoseMary from Ontario

On Friday, December 29, 2000 at 5:30:03 PM UTC-5, Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply wrote:
OK -- here's the deal. I spent the whole week in Lizard Land at Christmas
b**ching about the fact that I had no stand for my needlework and had to prop
the FANTASTIC StitchAway Fabric Mount up on a pillow or my needlework tote.
It's a royal P.I.T.A. to get it set justjust right so that I can still stitch
two handed!!! I started ragging on DH to think up something he could build for
me that would be lightweight and easily portable to use as a travel stand..
That should take him about half a millenium or so!!! Then I remembered reading
about a String Stand that could be used as a temporary stand for a scroll
frame. Well, lo and behold, I have the website that explains it and it is
GREAT!!!!! Works with the FANTASTIC StitchAway Fabric Mount too and is cheap,
easy, *very* portable and works great!!! I just used it on the trip to
Asheville and had absolutely no problems using it :-))). Here's the addy for
anyone who is interested... http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~hmardis/stand.html
take a look -- it's so simple you won't believe it!!!!! CiaoMeow ^;;^
.
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!
No husband was ever shot doing dishes!
Visit my photo album http://www.photopoint.com

Old April 4th 18, 04:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 7:45:39 AM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

Hi RoseMary,
Interesting that you should post this, because I was talking to another rctn poster recently about just this thing! Here's a link for you:
http://www.foundcollection.com/19_3b...d79848f7_1.htm It might be a good idea to ask Helen for permission, first.

I don't do FB (and am especially glad I don't with the recent revelations!).. I wish it had never been invented because my son & daughter had a disagreement on FB which then got blown all out of proportion by so-called "friends" sticking their noses in where they didn't belong. This happened a few years ago and they're just now barely able to speak to each other.

Joan (still doing rctn on Google Groups. )

Old April 4th 18, 06:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Wed, 4 Apr 2018 08:57:59 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

[...]

As you know, I never handed my soul to Zuckerberg but what struck me
as awful recently was a woman I know in this condo building said to
me, 'Isn't that awful, Harry and Megan not going through with their
marriage?' I discussed it with her a little, said I usually read a
couple of UK papers per morning and had seen nothing at all about
that. Then I asked where she saw/heard it, she said FB I told
her that really was a good example of fake news and that I hoped in
future she would read news elsewhere, certainly not there where she
was able to be manipulated.

My kids do FB, the most sensible one is finding it a little harder to
argue with me now, always a good thing IMO

TOT breaking string housetrained Knots 3 September 2nd 09 01:54 PM
OT Another string to my bow Shirley Shone Beads 7 April 13th 07 03:55 PM
What is String Quilting?? Tricia Quilting 29 April 21st 06 06:50 PM
Two Sticks and a String BDS2pds Yarn 6 September 12th 04 06:55 PM
cute string bag BDS2pds Yarn 8 June 1st 04 12:27 AM