ha**y dancing

Old June 23rd 10, 04:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

Default ha**y dancing

On Jun 23, 9:17*am, Susan Hartman wrote:
On 6/23/2010 9:08 AM, Nancy wrote:

Absolutely beautiful!!!!! *I can understand why you put it
aside for those over one letters. *But now it's all worth
it to have stuck it out and finished your "peas."

You've encouraged me to get page 2 of "Fractal 53"
done.

Nancy

Nancy -

I'm so glad it's been an encouragement. That's what we're all here for,
right? To help each other through the tight spots. Only another stitcher
can fully appreciate just what it means to set such a very particular
goal and meet it.

How many pages is "Fractal 53"? What was it about page 2 that made it
daunting?

It's 6 pages, all solid. Lots of confetti stitches. It's not so much
page
2, but tiring of the same colors. Even with the promise of a "small"
project, getting this page done, about 1400 stitches, has been like
pulling teeth. I did manage to get several rows done yesterday.
With the temps promising to be in the upper 80s for the foreseeable
future, it looks like I may get lots done.

Nancy
Old June 23rd 10, 04:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On Jun 23, 11:45*am, Nancy wrote:
[...]

Nancy- Hide quoted text -

Bad form....but here's a link to Fractal 53. Page 2 is the
upper 70 rows, the last 21 stitches.

http://xs-collectibles.com/detail.aspx?ID=1758

nancy
Old June 24th 10, 01:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

On 6/23/2010 11:02 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 6/22/10 9:51 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

On 6/22/2010 9:04 PM, Ellice K. wrote:
On 6/22/10 5:01 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

On 6/21/2010 8:27 PM, Susan Hartman wrote:
No peas! Look, ma, I finished my peas!

This afternoon was a lovely day, and I sat in the sun and *finished* the
%&&##! over-one alphabet. Now I can move forward and have some FUN!

I'll take a photo tomorrow, when the sunshine returns, and post it.

sue

Following up on my own post to say I got the photos of the WIP up on
r.c.t.n. Whew!

sue (Still dancin!)

Gorgeous - just gorgeous!!!! Is this a companion piece for the Coraggio
Mermaid?????

Ellice

No, this IS the Coraggio mermaid! It was shunted aside awhile when I got
tired of that blasted over-one lettering. I'm so glad that part is over!!

sue

I'm beginning to think I need a link to this

Cheryl

here you go:

http://www.scarlet-letter.com/rsdesc...p/coraggio.htm

It was featured in an ad in Piecework years ago, and it was love at
first sight!

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old June 24th 10, 01:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

On 6/23/2010 11:51 AM, Nancy wrote:
On Jun 23, 11:45 am, wrote:
On Jun 23, 9:17 am, Susan wrote:

[...]

oh, my...that's a *bookmark*! You and I ARE gluttons for punishment,
aren't we?

But the results will speak for themselves. (And we'll meet up someday in
the asylum.) VBG

Sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old June 24th 10, 01:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On Jun 23, 11:45 am, *wrote:
On Jun 23, 9:17 am, Susan *wrote:

[...]

And I've got two more in my stash. In fact, they were the original
order but the wrong picture was printed off with the chart for one of
them.
So, I got to pick another as a freebe for pointing out the problem.
It looked "easier" so I started with it. Needless to say, this
bookmark
WILL BE framed.

But the results will speak for themselves. (And we'll meet up someday in
the asylum.) VBG

Ain't that the truth.

Nancy
Old June 24th 10, 03:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 6/24/10 8:58 AM, in article
, "Nancy"

On Jun 23, 11:45 am, *wrote:
On Jun 23, 9:17 am, Susan *wrote:

[...]

I'm going for a double OMG

Old June 25th 10, 04:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 6/22/10 9:51 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"

wrote:

On 6/21/2010 8:27 PM, Susan Hartman wrote:
No peas! Look, ma, I finished my peas!

This afternoon was a lovely day, and I sat in the sun and *finished* the
%&&##! over-one alphabet. Now I can move forward and have some FUN!

I'll take a photo tomorrow, when the sunshine returns, and post it.

sue

Following up on my own post to say I got the photos of the WIP up on
r.c.t.n. Whew!

sue (Still dancin!)

Gorgeous - just gorgeous!!!! Is this a companion piece for the Coraggio
Mermaid?????

Ellice

No, this IS the Coraggio mermaid! It was shunted aside awhile when I got
tired of that blasted over-one lettering. I'm so glad that part is over!!

sue

LOL- for some reason I thought you had either finished or done the
mermaids. Must be confused from some picture I looked at. That's my story
and I'm sticking to it!

Ellice

Old June 25th 10, 04:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 6/24/10 8:49 AM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"

wrote:

[...]

Sue, are you doing her on the 35 ct? Just curious. You're inspiring to
bump up my "Love and Wisdom" sampler - as I had finished the over 1 alpha,
and then ....well, put it aside. My stitching area downstairs looks like it
exploded - so I think I'm going to have to do some organizing to start
stitching again....And be orderly - between the deadline stuff and the fun
stuff.

The silver lining of the knee injury - looks like will be having some
surgery - per the 2nd opinion doc - and if that happens - then I'll have
some worker's comp time off - for several weeks - woo hoo - and plan on
getting all my stitching sort of caught up. No - not saying I'm insane
enough to get all the UFOs done - but at least some semblance of order and
finishes ought to crank out.

Ellice

Old June 25th 10, 11:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 6/24/10 11:18 PM, in article , "Ellice
K." wrote:

On 6/24/10 8:49 AM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"

wrote:

[...]

Wow = that must have been quite the fall.

Cheryl

Old June 25th 10, 06:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 6/25/10 6:58 AM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 6/24/10 11:18 PM, in article , "Ellice
K." wrote:

On 6/24/10 8:49 AM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"

wrote:

[...]

Hilarious in one aspect. Working at the espresso bar, I semi-turned and
stepped back to put a hot latte at the drive-thru register. The mat slipped
(there had been an earlier spill mopped up, and evidently my boss didn't get
under the mat so well) - so...my R foot stuck on the mat as it slid away,
and the L stayed on the mat kind of. I slid straight down on my bum,
managing to get the latte on the counter without spillage, but hooking my
pinky on the cooler handle (dislocating it) and landing with my back against
the cooler, my R leg stretched out, and the left leg looking kind of like
the old wrestling figure 4. My boss was FREAKIN' out - my colleague did the
oh, no, and then we were laughing. It was kind of embarassing - the
customers were concerned. I went down hard. But, got up after a couple of
minutes and worked. Next day - purple ankle, purplish knee, and really
swollen finger/hand such that I couldn't wear my engagement ring (I wear it
on the right).

Anyhow it's a long, boring saga of worker's comp, etc. Result being I see
the treating doctor on Monday. Finished PT today - and just sent them the
report from the 2nd opinion doc. We'll see. DH would like me to refuse to
go in as my leg really puffs up after walking around just for a little
while. Mostly the annoying thing is I've not had any knee issues with this
leg, and it is constant pain. The PT has seen it get a little better and
progressively worsening the last 6 weeks - all of us guessing that the
meniscus tears have worsened. But, so it goes.

Ellice

Ice dancing shhdesigns Quilting 3 February 23rd 10 10:34 PM
dancing ddgm Yarn 4 May 31st 06 03:24 AM
Dancing.... maryd Quilting 14 March 16th 05 05:45 PM
I'm dancing too maryd Quilting 15 March 4th 05 02:48 AM
I'm dancing I'm done Judy W Quilting 16 October 20th 04 08:58 PM