*The* 2004 Winter One-to-One Fat Quarter Swap (Very LONG)

Old January 27th 04, 07:22 PM
MelissaInNJ

Default *The* 2004 Winter One-to-One Fat Quarter Swap (Very LONG)

NOTE: DO NOT reply to this email address. Reply to:
quiltngryhndlady at comcast dot net

*The* Winter One-to-One Fat Quarter Swap (Very LONG)

It's finally officially time for the 2004 Winter One-to-One Fat
Quarter
Swap. This means that you send to exactly one person and exactly one
person sends to you!!! That's it. So easy! This is a great swap for
people who have never swapped before and want to try. And this time it
is "participant's choice" fabrics!!! If you don't know how my swaps
work or if you want more info email me with your questions.

I'll do my very best as always to keep people mailing as close to
locally as I can to keep postal costs down (unless you specifically
state otherwise, because some people like to trade internationally).
This all depends on who signs up and from where. This means if you
live
in Canada, I'll have you swap with someone in Canada if I can.

As in past swaps I'll let you know who your person is, their contact
info, and their fabric preferences. Unlike past swaps, you will not
know who has you because it is a surprise swap! You won't know who has
you until you get the package in the mail!! If you have any questions
for your person, send all questions through me and I'll get it to them
and then back to you. This way the surprise is kept until the last
moment.

Now, even though we are all responsible adults, sometimes things
happen. If you swap, but *never* receive anything in return even after
repeated attempts by me to contact your swap person, I as the host
will
send you the appropriate amount of fabric so you don't lose out. No
matter what happens you will get fabric! So everyone wins!

Now as for signing up, there is going to be a three week sign-up
period. I will collect participants starting now January 27 until
Friday, February 20. I'll make reminder announcements, etc. Once the
signup deadline is closed, I'll send out your info on or about Monday,
February 23. You'll then
have one full month total to mail your fabric to your person. They
should have the fabric on or before Tuesday, March 23th. If your
package is running late for ANY reason, you'll be responsible for
letting me know so I can let your person know. PLEASE only sign
up if you can stick to this time frame. I know lots of us get busy
with
life and packages might go out late (which is okay)...but it's
just really awkward asking someone where their package is! Especially
numerous times. So let's keep it on time! That or I'll release your
home address to the group and they'll stash raid you!!!

Now the most IMPORTANT part...the FABRIC! The theme of choice this
time is "participant's choice". These means that you list
colors/patterns/etc. of fabric that appeal to you and your person
sends
you fabrics that fit your likes. The amount of fabric is 4 fat
quarters. 3 of the fat quarters are in the person's color preferences
and the 4th fat quarter is surprise and is your choice. Of course
extra
goodies in the package are not necessary, but always welcome. I always
get asked several times during these swaps if people can spoil their
person with extra goodies. The answer is always yes. But
remember...not necessary. All fabric is 100% cotton and is NOT to be
prewashed (unless otherwise pre-arranged). There will be final and
specific rules emailed to you when you are emailed your person.

So if you are interested in the 2004 Winter Swap please email me with
the
following info:
Full Name:
RCTQ Nickname:
Email Address:
Snail Mail Address (including Country) where you can receive packages:

Fabric Preferences (color, pattern size, pattern type, what you don't
like, etc.):

Availability to Mail Out of Your Geographic Region if Absolutely
Necessary (Yes or No):
Availability to take a Second Person if Absolutely Necessary (Yes or
No):

If you participated in one of my past Swaps I have your address on
file, but please send again just to make sure what I have is most
current (that and it makes cutting/pasting so much easier).

With that...We're on our way to super secret swappin' and fabric
fondling!!

Melissa in NJ *the self-appointed one-to-one swap queen!*
Old January 27th 04, 09:56 PM
Keith and Michelle Pope

I'm in!
Info e-mailed separately.
Michelle in Gander

Old January 27th 04, 11:25 PM
Melissa in NJ

Me too! Oh wait I am organizing this....

grin

Melissa in NJ

"Gail - UK" wrote in message
I'm in !!!

Old February 24th 04, 07:07 PM
MelissaInNJ

Heh! Got my swap dates mixed up. Sign-up for this was supposed to end
last Friday (02/20/04)...I thought it ended this Friday (02/27/04).
Geez!!!! That's what I get for hosting three things at once!!!

Anyhow...consider this last call, and on the weekend I'll email you
your person. Mini-Round Robin still ends this Friday too. So you'll
get that email very shortly also.

Read below for FQ Swap Rules. We have wonderful turnout for this as
usual. Thanks folks for participating!
Melissa in NJ

REMINDER REPOST: