Christmas Stocking - Needlepoint

Old October 1st 08, 04:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Monica Ferris

Default Christmas Stocking - Needlepoint

For the book I'm writing I would like to have a character be
needlepointing a Christmas stocking - a really nice, big one, with a
steam locomotive theme. Santa as an engineer, a locomotive with a
Christmas wreath around its headlight, something like that. Can
someone suggest one? I've been looking with no success.

Reply online to privately to me, whichever. Thanks so much!

Mary Monica
Old October 1st 08, 04:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

On Oct 1, 10:04*am, Monica Ferris wrote:
For the book I'm writing I would like to have a character be
needlepointing a Christmas stocking - a really nice, big one, with a
steam locomotive theme. *Santa as an engineer, a locomotive with a
Christmas wreath around its headlight, something like that. *Can
someone suggest one? *I've been looking with no success.

Reply online to privately to me, whichever. *Thanks so much!

Mary Monica

Here's a premade one:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/i/9...-Gusseted.html
Old October 1st 08, 05:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
BeverlyB

This is not exactly what you are lookiing for, it is a toy train and a
little cartoonish but it might work
http://www.needlenookoflajolla.com/d...s/sc_cs182.jpg
This one is a little closer to what you are looking for but it is still not
exactly right
http://store.littleshoppeofstitches.com/saexst.html

Beverly B

Old October 1st 08, 08:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

A lot of NP is hand-painted, and those have variations. I was in a shop
with a lot of hand-painted canvases, and said "that's cute, too bad it
doesn't have X on it", and she rummaged through her files and found a
canvas exactly as I described. Seems the artist had gone on a kick,
painting a series of canvases on the same theme, with this, that and the
other prop added.

So maybe if you make it a hand-painted or custom-painted canvas instead
of a kit?

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

OCTOBER IS DISABILITY AWARENESS MONTH

Finished 9/9/08 - Butterfly Drama (Dimensions)

WIP: Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono
(Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

CFSfacts -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Newest research blog: http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/
AOL BLOGS CLOSING OCTOBER 31
Old October 2nd 08, 04:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 10/1/08 11:04 AM, "Monica Ferris" wrote:

For the book I'm writing I would like to have a character be
needlepointing a Christmas stocking - a really nice, big one, with a
steam locomotive theme. Santa as an engineer, a locomotive with a
Christmas wreath around its headlight, something like that. Can
someone suggest one? I've been looking with no success.

Reply online to privately to me, whichever. Thanks so much!

Mary Monica

Mary Monica,

I'd really suggest that you contact Susan Roberts NPt. I'll send you some
info separately. On this link is a mini-stocking with Santa and a train,
http://www.pfos.com/Needlepoint/SusanRoberts/page3.HTM

Just to give you an idea, but she has lots of full size ones.

I know that she has what you're looking for, between her own designs, and
those others she reps under her label. I saw a lot of her things, and
ordered them, when at TNNA (the big show) in June. Alos, you could contact
Cindy at "The Hang-Up" in Sterling, VA. Cindy just had a big trunk show of
Susan's during the summer, and has quite a lot of her painted canvases in.
http://thehangup.biz/

I'll take a look at the catalog when I'm in the shop next, but I'm fairly
certain that Susan would be the best quality of what you're looking for -
with that design.

Good luck,
Ellice

Christmas stocking BDS2pds Needlework 9 October 10th 04 01:53 AM
Christmas Stocking help Jan Dunaway Quilting 32 December 17th 03 03:15 AM
Christmas Stocking HELP David & Barbara Schmidt Quilting 4 October 18th 03 06:11 PM
needlepoint christmas stocking kit BDS2pds Needlework 3 September 30th 03 11:30 PM
Christmas stocking needlepoint miss grunge Needlework 0 August 19th 03 03:57 AM