a.c.moore ?

Old July 12th 07, 12:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

Default a.c.moore ?

I've just been told that they will be opening an A.C.Moore just down the
road from me. Can anyone tell me if they carry any needlework items at all?
I looked at their website and couldn't find much of anything.

I would be happy if they only carried some DMC floss because soon they will
be the only game in town. Michael is a bit of a distance and unless I'm
desperate they don't have enough to make it worth the ride. Wal-Mart, is
closing the craft/fabric/needlework department soon and they were the last
place that was reasonable close that carried DMC.

Lucille

Old July 12th 07, 09:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Shanti

When I lived in North Carolina, I found that AC Moore was always
cheaper for DMC threads, compared to Michael's. They also carried
quite a good stock of bits and bobs. The only kits I remember buying
there were the Bucilla felt stocking kits, though. But it was always
fun wandering around the shop and looking at all the different crafty
things. Good luck with your AC Moore!

S.

Old July 12th 07, 01:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Alison

A.C. Moore is as good as Michaels for floss, etc. (i.e., not that
great but ok) and is much better for yarn and knitting. They have had
some really interesting yarn lately!

Alison
Old July 12th 07, 01:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"Alison" wrote in message
A.C. Moore is as good as Michaels for floss, etc. (i.e., not that
great but ok) and is much better for yarn and knitting. They have had
some really interesting yarn lately!

Alison

Thanks for good news. We've been watching that site for several weeks
wondering what was going there. Of course there were rumors about all sorts
of boring business like doctors and lawyers, etc.

Happily, the rumors were wrong and there will be an "inexpensive" little
department store, a better "moderate priced" clothing store, a Circuit City
and the A.C. Moore. They're almost ready to open the new Staples that's
right across the road and the new Target that's a couple of miles from here.

Now I can sell my car, buy a golf cart and never leave my neighborhood. lol

Old July 12th 07, 03:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 7/12/07 10:16 AM, in article
, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at
comcast..net wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 7/12/07 8:30 AM, in article
,

"Alison" wrote in message
[...]

So how you going to get groceries?

Cheryl

Groceries ?? --that would mean I would have to cook something, and then I
would have to clean up the kitchen. If I did that, how would I have enough
time to buy pretty clothing and stuff I don't need for needlework?????

I should introduce you to DH's buddy. Except he could seriously use to spend
some money on clothes. He wears stuff I wouldn't use as a rag.

AC Moore Janise Yarn 7 December 17th 05 02:45 AM
AC Moore Pam in Spencerport Quilting 3 October 6th 05 06:55 PM
OT - thank you Michael Moore Arondelle Beads 14 November 7th 04 02:44 AM
Patsy Moore/Happy Things Karen C - California Needlework 0 January 7th 04 08:35 PM
My AC Moore and the LYS NoraBalcer Yarn 1 July 25th 03 09:18 PM