Hello from a Newbie

Old December 10th 04, 05:46 PM
D Rutter

Default Hello from a Newbie

Hello everyone.

I thought since I had been reading the newsgroup for awhile (and posted a
"few" comments) I would say hi and introduce myself.

I am married and live in Galt, California (about 30 miles south of
Sacramento). My wife has bitten me with the quilting bug and I have
actually started several projects of my own as well as working on a couple
of "group projects" with her. (She is my quilting teacer and BEST FRIEND).

I haven't been quilting long (she has -- about 25 years). I have watched
her make some fantastic quilts including 6 identical "family quilts" for a
family reunion several years ago. Yes, I helped with that project which
consisted of 9-patch quilts which the whole family signed at the reunion.
We brought them home and then finished them. Every family who was at the
reunion then received one of the quilts. I gotta admit that they were
really cool and very much appreciated by the family.

We are finishing up some double pinwheel lap quilts in Christmas colors
(red, green, white) for some of the family. Gotta get them done to get
them in the mail for the big day.

Anyway, the newbie says hi and I hope to be able to add to the group.

Have a very Merry Christmas, New Years, and holiday season.

73
Dave in California

:-)

Old December 10th 04, 05:51 PM
Diana Curtis

Welcome to the group Dave!
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
news

Old December 10th 04, 06:02 PM
Elizabeth Young

D Rutter wrote:
Anyway, the newbie says hi and I hope to be able to add to the group.

Have a very Merry Christmas, New Years, and holiday season.

Hi, Dave!

liz young in sunny (Folsom) california
Old December 10th 04, 06:03 PM
Patti

Hullo Dave, good to meet you.
My DH (also a Dave!) gets involved in a consultation capacity only! He
is great at thinking up quilt names. I don't think I could convince him
to actually sew - but who knows? When I've been quilting for 25 years,
I might have a chance. That would be fun.
Perhaps we could see some of your joint and separate projects sometime?
..
In article , D Rutter
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old December 10th 04, 06:07 PM
Pauline O'Connell

Hi 73 Dave,

I'm assuming that you've made 73 quilts & that 73 is not your age Welcome
to the group. My husband & I stopped in Galt this summer & got caught in
the Farmers Market traffic jam trying to get off the freeway. You must have
the biggest Farmers Market around. It was during the week & we were
surprised to see so many families (moms & dads) there & wondered when
everyone worked. It was a little overwhelming, but a great place to pick up
some fabric for a crazy quilt, if you were so inclined.

Pauline

Old December 10th 04, 06:37 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"D Rutter" wrote:

[...]

Welcome, Dave! I am a bit concerned that your wife bites, but I guess as
long as it's just with a quilting bug, you'll survive.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old December 10th 04, 06:40 PM
Jalynne

Could be the year he was born, eh? LOL

Anyway, Welcome, Dave! It's good to add more to our testosterone level in the room.
I am really excited to see more men learning how to quilt. Pretty soon, I hope to
get dh hooked. He's already helping with the design aspect and picking out fabrics.
If only I could get him to learn to sew....
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

om...

Old December 10th 04, 06:40 PM
Roberta Zollner

Welcome Dave!
The matching family quilts idea is wonderful! What are you working on now?
And Happy Holidays to you too!
Roberta in D

Old December 10th 04, 07:05 PM
D Rutter

Actually, 73 is an old telegraphers shorthand/amateur radio code (yes, I
am one of those as well) which means "best wishes." 88 means "love and
kisses", etc.

Actually I am 52 and have been married 27 years. 73 is still a few years
off.

73 & 88

Dave in Galt, CA

Old December 10th 04, 07:55 PM
Jalynne

very cute....lol. see, if my DH had been here, he would have told me that. He wants
to get into all that radio stuff. I'd rather quilt, and bead, and scrapbook, and....
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

"D Rutter" wrote in message
news
Actually, 73 is an old telegraphers shorthand/amateur radio code (yes, I am one of
those as well) which means "best wishes." 88 means "love and kisses", etc.

Actually I am 52 and have been married 27 years. 73 is still a few years off.

73 & 88

Dave in Galt, CA

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 18:40:16 GMT, Jalynne wrote:

Could be the year he was born, eh? LOL

Anyway, Welcome, Dave! It's good to add more to our testosterone level in the
room.
I am really excited to see more men learning how to quilt. Pretty soon, I hope
get dh hooked. He's already helping with the design aspect and picking out
fabrics.
If only I could get him to learn to sew....

Intro and newbie question *~Candygrrl~* Beads 26 September 21st 04 06:04 PM
Newbie Lampworkers starlia Beads 17 April 24th 04 01:28 PM
newbie hugs Musicmaker Quilting 3 March 13th 04 07:15 PM
Newbie with a question CabnNThWoods Quilting 9 January 8th 04 07:48 PM
newbie to the newsgroup Lucille Needlework 6 October 9th 03 02:50 AM