newbie hugs

Old March 12th 04, 01:48 PM
Musicmaker

Default newbie hugs

I'm toying with the idea of starting a newbie hug list - to make newbies
feel noticed and welcomed. It would only require my getting their addresses
to make available to anyone who wants to send a squishie to a newbie. Is
anyone interested or is this just another 'burden' for you already busy
quilters?

--
Cindy Bettinger;

http://photos.yahoo.com/cbet_99
http://www.one-eleven.net/~music/
http://simplymusic.net

Old March 12th 04, 05:43 PM
Judie in Penfield NY

When I first found this group and started asking questions I felt very
welcome. I got so much help for my first quilt and it came out just
fine. Everyone was very encouraging and I never felt afraid to ask for
anything I needed to know. If you do decide to go ahead with this newbie
hug, count me in! though I think that anyone finding this group would
feel welcome just because it is such a special and caring group of people.

Judie, formerly of South Lake Tahoe CA...now in Rochester, NY...and
sometimes feeling a little homesick

Old March 12th 04, 06:29 PM
Louise

I think this sounds like a great idea! I know one of the "concerns"
expressed periodically on the group is that if you ask someone for their
address, it takes the surprise out of it for the recipient. If we had a hug
list for newbies, we could send squishies whenever we wanted and even
anonymously if that was the way we wanted to do it. It also is a way to get
their name and address out to everyone until LN's next list comes out.

If you decide to do it, please put me on the distribution list to take part
in the squishy hugs (sending, that is, not receiving).
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com