Supplies for Love Tree & Grace Tree

Old March 14th 07, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Valerie[_2_]

Default Supplies for Love Tree & Grace Tree

I was wondering if anyone who has these designs by M Designs could post
the supply list for these 2 (beads, charms, recommended fabrics and
floss)? I will be making a rare visit to my LNS (45+ miles one way!)
this weekend. They have already ordered the 2 charts for me, but they
may have to ship as they may not be in by the time I go, but I'd like to
pick up the beads and such I need while I'm there. I may make some
changes, as I have some different colors in mind for both these pieces,
but if I know the suggestions, it will give me a starting place.

Thanks,
Valerie
Old March 14th 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Magic Mood JeepŠ

In ,
Valerie purred:
I was wondering if anyone who has these designs by M Designs could
post the supply list for these 2 (beads, charms, recommended fabrics
and floss)? I will be making a rare visit to my LNS (45+ miles one
way!) this weekend. They have already ordered the 2 charts for me,
but they may have to ship as they may not be in by the time I go, but
I'd like to pick up the beads and such I need while I'm there. I may
make some changes, as I have some different colors in mind for both
these pieces, but if I know the suggestions, it will give me a
starting place.
Thanks,
Valerie

I will email my LNS, as I think they have them (I've seen them there before)
and if they do, if they could please email me the supplies list for a friend
who wants them, lives out of state and has them on order, but wants to be
able to get the supplies while she's waiting for her charts!

When/if they send me the supplies list(s), I will post here, OK?

Old March 14th 07, 10:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ericka Kammerer

Valerie wrote:
I was wondering if anyone who has these designs by M Designs could post
the supply list for these 2 (beads, charms, recommended fabrics and
floss)? I will be making a rare visit to my LNS (45+ miles one way!)
this weekend. They have already ordered the 2 charts for me, but they
may have to ship as they may not be in by the time I go, but I'd like to
pick up the beads and such I need while I'm there. I may make some
changes, as I have some different colors in mind for both these pieces,
but if I know the suggestions, it will give me a starting place.

Really, you can do these trees with anything. You
only use one floss--perhaps a variegated or overdyed floss.
I think they look nice with an overdyed floss on a plain
fabric, or vice versa. You can put anything you like at the
top of the tree (a star or any other charm that tickles your
fancy). You'll want to scale the beads (or whatever else you
use) for the "ornaments" to the size of the fabric you use.
Off the top of my head, if you use 32-count fabric,
the petite seed beads are about right if you stitch over
one and the regular seed beads are about right if you stitch
over two.
I did the name trees, so I don't even know if there
were recommended colors with those. I just rummaged around
the shop and picked whatever floss looked good to me, and then
added coordinating beads, a star charm, and fabric.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old March 15th 07, 01:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Magic Mood Jeep

Default The Supplies List for Love & Grace trees Supplies for Love Tree & Grace Tree

From my LNS:

Love: the ornament is done on 30 ct. Coconut Macaroon Linen from Access
Commodities. It uses Cerise Noir Silk 'N Colors from Thread Gatherer, Mill
Hill Beads #00367 and Treasure #12239. The framed piece is on 32 ct.
Vintage Tundra Linen from Lakeside Linens (Tundra is the approx. DMC
color 3024) It uses Vintage Browns Silken lPearl 30/3's from Thread
Gatherer and On The Surface Little Charmers Fancy Beads #LC03

Grace: the ornament in done on the same fabric as Love ornament. It uses
#085 Delphinium Silk from Gloriana, Mill Hill Beads #40252 and Treasure
#12292. The framed piece in on 32 ct. Crystal French Lilac Linen from
Picture This Plus. It uses #102 Fresh Snow Silk from Gloria, Mill Hill
Beads #62010, Treasures #12118, and On The Surface Little Charmers LC10.

Liz
Fancy Works
3635 W. St. Rd. 46
Bloomington, IN 47404
812-935-6353
www.fancy-works.com

#085 Delphinium Silk from Gloriana, Mill Hill Beads #40252 and Treasure

"Valerie" wrote in message
I was wondering if anyone who has these designs by M Designs could
post the supply list for these 2 (beads, charms, recommended fabrics
and floss)? I will be making a rare visit to my LNS (45+ miles one
way!) this weekend. They have already ordered the 2 charts for me, but
they may have to ship as they may not be in by the time I go, but I'd
like to pick up the beads and such I need while I'm there. I may make
some changes, as I have some different colors in mind for both these
pieces, but if I know the suggestions, it will give me a starting place.

Thanks,
Valerie

Straightening up a tree... Larry Louks Knots 7 January 16th 05 08:48 PM
Tree, tree, tree Beadbimbo Beads 4 July 7th 04 06:02 PM
Bird in a Tree (2nd try) Jacqueline Needlework 7 June 11th 04 10:53 PM
OT - New Tree! frood Quilting 36 December 23rd 03 05:09 AM
OT Now I've got a tree... shhdesigns Quilting 0 October 18th 03 11:36 PM