Pattern Request

Old October 18th 03, 09:50 PM
nana2b

Hi Pat, I moved so many times in my husband's career that my Mom always
sent me a new WJ plant. We Jews are wanderers and have been for thousands
of years. I take no offense at the name. Just my 2 cents, Linda

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old October 19th 03, 10:44 PM
Pat in Virginia

Purly:
I *never said* you named the pattern. That name is a common one
for a plant .... the name has been around for ages! I just said
it is time for people to use the plant's real name ... Zebrina
Pendula. Now, will someone please tell me whether or not this
quilting pattern looks anything like the aforementioned plant? I
would love to make a quilt with pretty plant patterns. TIA
PAT in VA/USA

purlytoo wrote:

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 09:03:27 -0400, Pat in Virginia
wrote:

snip
. The 'common name' is what I consider tacky to offensive.
I am not calling anyone here offensive. I just think it is time
to stop using that name. (see my first note.)
PAT

Pat-
I did not name the pattern, I am merely trying to locate a source
for the pattern.
__
Purlytoo

Old October 20th 03, 08:50 PM
Pat in Virginia

Thank you Sandy. Now I know this is not an applique block. I
guess I really should put the Brackman book on my Ten Most Wanted
List!
PAT in VA/USA

SandySmth wrote:

Pat,
The pattern is a pieced pattern in the Brackman category "Stars Made Up of Many
Diamonds." An alternate name for the block is The Winding Blades. It looks like
a square with an X made with 2 rows of diamonds forming the lines from the
center to the corners. Hard to describe! There are also other blocks called
"Winding Blades." I looked for the pattern names on www.quilterscache.com, but
didn't find either of them.

Old October 25th 03, 05:54 PM
Dr. Quilter

actually it should be Zebrina pendula if that is a scientific name. The
genus name always goes in caps, the species in small letters. Eg. Homo
sapiens, Mus musculus, Drosophila melanogaster, Saccharomyces cerevisiae...

wrote:

snip
. The 'common name' is what I consider tacky to offensive.
I am not calling anyone here offensive. I just think it is time
to stop using that name. (see my first note.)
PAT

Pat-
I did not name the pattern, I am merely trying to locate a source
for the pattern.
__
Purlytoo

--