Off to the Stars-piecing tip

Old October 24th 03, 10:31 PM
KittyG

Default Off to the Stars-piecing tip

I found myself getting really frustrated with my little lone stars, there
was not enough overlap on the edges to keep the points from getting
eaten...I went ahead and worked on the center blocks. I have those done noe
and I'm off to the stars. Again. I really love these things but the dread
of fussing with them was taking some of the fun out and nothing was getting
finished. I think Merry had a point when she saw her UFO's were all stopped
at her then current level of experience, she had to go back later and finish
them (and in a two-week marathon no less!).

BUT...I then found this great tip, that when piecing together your diamond
segments, sew a 1/4" seam, NOT a scant 1/4" seam. Has anyone heard that?

I had been using a scant 1/4" for all the piecing, which may have made my
stars just a little too large for the insets. I'm only two stars in so not
too much to redo. So actually I guess I'm off to frogging first but with
hope in my heart this may actually be done by Christmas. Or just done!
See webshots for pics of current progress.

HTH someone else
kitty in phx
--
Remove "s" in email to respond.
http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee

Old October 24th 03, 11:01 PM
Joanna

I use 1/4" seam on everything just because that's what I'm used to and that is
at the edge of my foot. It does help on diamonds.
Take Care
Joanna
Remove "quilt" to reply