Happiness is

Old October 16th 08, 11:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Continents, etc. was Happiness is

On 10/16/08 5:53 PM, in article ,
"Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net wrote:

"Dr. Brat" wrote in message
. ..
Tia Mary wrote:

wrote:

The `people ` who came from all over the world share a JEWISH
Heritage ,,
Unlike people who came to America , Canada or Australia , the Common
Thing that brought people to Israel is their Being JEWISH ,,,
mirjam

Umm, I would hope that just about anyone who watches any sort of news
is aware that the majority of people who have immigrated to Israel have
done so because they are of the Jewish faith. Which brings up one of my
pet peeves -- people who think that nationality of the people of Israel
is Jewish and not Israeli. Jewish is a religion, NOT a nationality.
Israeli is a nationality, NOT a religion. Then again, these are likely
the same folks who say that people from Italy are EYEtalian! OOOO -- I
guess I'm picking nits with Elizabeth now :-). CiaoMeow ^;;^

Some people would argue that Jewish is both a religion AND a nationality.

Elizabeth
The most important thing one woman can do for another is to illuminate and
expand her sense of actual possibilities. --Adrienne Rich
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I had occasion to go through a major genetics study at Johns Hopkins because
my family carries a defective gene that to date has only shown up in Jewish
couples with no intermarriage in the group. They came to the conclusion
that we were a race descended from the original 12 tribes. They weren't
even remotely interested in anything about religion.

Lucille

The DH has joined a few "Jewish gene" studies, including the one for the
"Cohen" study of the Y-chromosome. (which by the way is fascinating).

Cheryl

Old October 16th 08, 11:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

* * Umm, I would hope that just about anyone who watches any sort of
news is aware that the majority of people who have immigrated to Israel
have done so because they are of the Jewish faith. *Which brings up one
of my pet peeves -- people who think that nationality of the people of
Israel is Jewish and not Israeli. *Jewish is a religion, NOT a
nationality. Israeli is a nationality, NOT a religion. *Then again,
these are likely the same folks who say that people from Italy are
EYEtalian! *OOOO -- I guess I'm picking nits with Elizabeth now :-).
CiaoMeow ^;;^

Well , Judaism is inherited through the mother ,,,, , so let`s be glad
Victoria can`t read me now after `closing the file `,,,,,
But in fact by Jewish tradition she is jewish ,,,
mirjam
Old October 16th 08, 11:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jinx Minx

wrote in message
Umm, I would hope that just about anyone who watches any sort of
news is aware that the majority of people who have immigrated to Israel
have done so because they are of the Jewish faith. Which brings up one
of my pet peeves -- people who think that nationality of the people of
Israel is Jewish and not Israeli. Jewish is a religion, NOT a
nationality. Israeli is a nationality, NOT a religion. Then again,
these are likely the same folks who say that people from Italy are
EYEtalian! OOOO -- I guess I'm picking nits with Elizabeth now :-).
CiaoMeow ^;;^

Well , Judaism is inherited through the mother ,,,, , so let`s be glad
Victoria can`t read me now after `closing the file `,,,,,
But in fact by Jewish tradition she is jewish ,,,
mirjam

Now that is really something interesting I'd never heard before--not even
from my Jewish friends!

Jinx

Old October 17th 08, 12:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Trish Brown

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Oh dear, do I label myself a geek if I admit having had a "Re-Unite
Gondwanaland" t-shirt?

I had one too! Thought it was pretty spiffy, I did! ;-D

--
Trish Brown {|:-}

Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Old October 17th 08, 03:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Dr. Brat wrote:
Russia is Europe to the Ural Mountains and Asia after that.

Elizabeth

Thanks for that info. I knew there had to be some sort of
geographical line that marked the difference but had no idea what or
where. I'm also sure I learned it eons ago in school (12 years of a
good Catholic school does that to you) and had just forgotten it!
CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old October 17th 08, 03:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Dr. Brat wrote:
Some people would argue that Jewish is both a religion AND a nationality.

Elizabeth

I know but I'd be hard pressed to figure out what geographical nation
those folks live in! Like I said, one of my pet peeves so I don't
discuss it with anyone it too strenuously. CiaoMeow ^;;^

Old October 17th 08, 03:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Dr. Brat wrote:
Picknit! The Indian Subcontinent is more than just India: "The
subcontinent includes parts of various countries in South Asia,
including those on the continental crust (India, Pakistan east of the
river Indus, Bangladesh, Nepal and Bhutan), an island country on the
continental shelf (Sri Lanka), and an island country rising above the
oceanic crust (the Maldives)."

Elizabeth

Oh Elizabeth -- BITE MOI!!! At least it gave you a new nit to pick
at -- LOL! CiaoMeow ^;;^

Old October 17th 08, 03:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"Tia Mary" wrote in message
Dr. Brat wrote:
Some people would argue that Jewish is both a religion AND a nationality.

Elizabeth

I know but I'd be hard pressed to figure out what geographical nation
those folks live in! Like I said, one of my pet peeves so I don't discuss
it with anyone it too strenuously. CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary

What does that mean????

Old October 17th 08, 03:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dr. Brat

Tia Mary wrote:

Dr. Brat wrote:

Some people would argue that Jewish is both a religion AND a nationality.

Elizabeth

I know but I'd be hard pressed to figure out what geographical nation
those folks live in! Like I said, one of my pet peeves so I don't
discuss it with anyone it too strenuously. CiaoMeow ^;;^

They live in diaspora as do the Roma. A people doesn't have to have a
geographic location to be a nation, although most do have such a location.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old October 17th 08, 03:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dr. Brat

Tia Mary wrote:

Dr. Brat wrote:

Picknit! The Indian Subcontinent is more than just India: "The
subcontinent includes parts of various countries in South Asia,
including those on the continental crust (India, Pakistan east of the
river Indus, Bangladesh, Nepal and Bhutan), an island country on the
continental shelf (Sri Lanka), and an island country rising above the
oceanic crust (the Maldives)."

Elizabeth

Oh Elizabeth -- BITE MOI!!! At least it gave you a new nit to pick at
-- LOL! CiaoMeow ^;;^

Bring it over here. I'll bite it.

You said you wanted information! LOL!

Elizabeth