Happiness is

Old October 11th 08, 09:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default Happiness is

On Oct 11, 6:13*pm, Jangchub wrote:
On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 08:20:52 -0400, "Dr. Brat"
wrote:

Joyce wrote:

Trish, you put it all very well, and I wish we could prevent our
girls'having too little self-esteem, and so becoming victims of boys' sexual
urges. *

This right here is part of the problem. *Why do we assume that girls are
the victims of boys' sexual urges? *I never had any trouble dealing with
boys' urges. *It was my own that threatened to get me into trouble and
according to the way I was raised, I wasn't even supposed to have them.

Elizabeth

I was raped when I was 11 and again when I was 15. *I don't consider
myself a victim. *I shouldn't have been doing what I was doing. *I
take responsibility. *Probably because I'm honest with myself.

http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com/

I am very sorry for you that it happened to you , But at 11 you
deffinitely were not responsible for anything that happened to you in
this way.
mirjam
Old October 11th 08, 09:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gill Murray

wrote:
which ASIAN ideals do you want to adopt ??? Asia is an Enormous
Continent !!!! Bobbie tells us that in Japan Young people of both
genders respect each other , but on other ASIAN countries women are
stoned if they smile to a another man , Thieves hands are cut off ,
As a woman you can be smacked for not covering your hair ,,,, etc.....
When you same Some of the Asian Ideas ,, you better specify
which ....ps your Budihism , is also coming from Asia ,,, As came the
roots of Chritianity , etc,,,
mirjam

Bethleham is in Asia? Israel is in Asia? Where in Asia do they wear
a Birka? India? That's overpopulation and what you get from it. You
aren't Asian so best to keep your yap shut.
Victoria

Victoria ,,
I advise you to open AN ATLAS [ you know that book with World maps ,}
and look carefully where Asia is ???? Did you find it ,,,,,, good on
the west side of Asia there is a very tiny country on the beach of the
Mediterenean and it is called Israel ,,,,IN ASIA !!!! now in Israel
there is a place called BETH LEHEM , where Jesus was born ,,,,,,
As to Burka [not Birka] , it is worn in many countries [ mainly Iran
Iraq, Pakistan ,,but not in India ,,, Killing women for FAMILY HONOR
happens not only in countries where they are forced to wear a
Burkah ,,, but why Bother with facts , when you already think you know
everything.... Bedouin woman that don`t don`t wear a Burkah are also
killed for `honor`,,,
mirjam

Well said, Mirjam! I was going to suggest an Atlas...even Wikipedia, but
you beat me to it.

Some people in this world, an awful lot, I am afraid, are remarkably
ignorant of anything outside their tiny world, and do not broaden their
horizons outside of it.

Reminds me of my late MIL who believed EVERYTHING she heard on TV which
suited her thoughts, correct or not, and started all conversations with
"they say". When asked "who is they?" she would say "so and so on the
chat show this morning"..people like Rosie O'Donnell etc etc.

Gillian
Old October 12th 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gill Murray

Jangchub wrote:
On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 20:45:03 GMT, Gill Murray
wrote:

Well said, Mirjam! I was going to suggest an Atlas...even Wikipedia, but
you beat me to it.

Some people in this world, an awful lot, I am afraid, are remarkably
ignorant of anything outside their tiny world, and do not broaden their
horizons outside of it.

Reminds me of my late MIL who believed EVERYTHING she heard on TV which
suited her thoughts, correct or not, and started all conversations with
"they say". When asked "who is they?" she would say "so and so on the
chat show this morning"..people like Rosie O'Donnell etc etc.

Gillian

You're full of **** also. Do you call Israel "Asia" when you refer to
it in a discussion about cultural things? I know where Asia is so
before you both get all puffed up about your holy selves, please look
in the mirror because I don't see anything broadminded in either of
you when I say just about anything. Look in the mirror and ask
yourself, am I guilty of the same thing I'm accusing others of?

Victoria

Victoria, ypou are a sick and twisted person. Your really do need more
help than you are getting.

I have always called Israel and the neighboring countries as Asia,
because they ARE!!

My mirror is fine, yours is totally warped.

Gillian
Old October 12th 08, 01:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gill Murray

Typical. Tell the person YOU disagree with that they need more help.
You are also full of ****. NObody thinks of Israel as Asia merely
because it is on the tip of the continent.

Get over yourself and go back to ignoring me. I've made my peace with
everyone here. You, I haven't given you the time of day. I still
have compassion for you and hope you have all good and plenty.

If I'm sick, don't bother me.
Victoria

"There are known knowns. These are things we
know that we know. There are known unknowns.
That is to say, there are things that we know
we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns.
There are things we don't know we don't know."

Donald Rumsfeld

http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com/

After you receive a geography lesson,MAYBE you will learn something.

I doubt it.

It is strange that you have such a thought-making sigline, seeing you
hate all he stands for.

Gillian
Old October 12th 08, 04:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Jangchub wrote:
Last time I looked all religions and philosophy express forgiveness
and compassion.

Gandhi:
"I admire your Christ. I do not like your Christians, they are so
unlike your Christ."

NorthernSun.com:
"Jesus was a liberal."

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

OCTOBER IS DISABILITY AWARENESS MONTH

Finished 10/7/08 - Sun Fun (Dimensions)

WIP: Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono
(Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

CFSfacts -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Newest research blog: http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/
AOL BLOGS CLOSING OCTOBER 31
Old October 12th 08, 05:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

"Karen C wrote
Dawne Peterson wrote:

Moral action should come from something more than fear of the
consequences.

I dunno. My mother always knew when I was up to something, and my father
assured me that if I was up to THAT something, he'd kill me.

Well, we started this conversation from the agreed point that there are many
parents who don't have a clue what their kids are doing. Mine had not a
clue--the cultural gap between their youth and mine didn't even allow them
to imagine. ("If I ever find out you are smoking dope".....well, they never
found out. And smoking doesn't preclude sniffing, snorting, shooting,
dropping etc.) I never assumed I knew either. And I never threatened to
kill anyone--still don't, even in jest.

Kids have to be given a moral compass, not just a set of rules, because
things will always come up that their parents' rules do not anticipate.
They need something to make that decision with. Respect for yourself and
others is one good starting point. "Don't get pregnant" leaves an awful lot
of open territory.

Dawne

Old October 12th 08, 05:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

terrorists , the More UNHUMAN it sounds /reads . * aren`t you
ashamed .?

Victoria

No, actually. *I'm pretty well centered and feel for all beings.

You mean you are pretty self centered , and you don`t feel for other
beings,, Here you were bragging about Your Truth and your feelings for
all being , Let`s face it this isn`t Human as well , Nobody can feel
for All Being, There no such thing. We ALL HOPE WE COULD, but we are
Human and have likes and dislikes... thus why pretend to love all.
From my life experience Those who Claim to love ALL beings ,,, are
those who like less beings, but they try to LOOK Better than they
really are. There is No shame in being real humna and have
prefferences. Only very very Special people with special gifts can be
so far in their minds that they have no prefferences

Imagine the terror of the families of those men?? *

Yes i have seen some of the mothers of THOSE kind of men ,,,, many of
them can`t wait to send a 2nd son or daughter to be a Holy
terrorist .....And let`s Not forget the Fat checks their families
get , and The Status of Holliness they get ,,,, For SLAUGHTERING
OTHERS !!!!!!

Why is their suffering any less or more than the victims?

BECAUAUSE THEY CAUSED SUFFER to many Tottaly Innocent others ! Because
they MEANT to harm /murderl TERRORIZE , Because they wereFully aware
that they are going to MURDER people they never saw , In fact they
didn`t care Whom they harm.

*Again, you don't
understand this concept.

Thank God and my life experience, that i don`t `understand ` that
filthy unmoral `concept`.

*We don't get to pick and choose. *I choose
not to hate the terrorists because they are very mislead, much as you
are. *

Now make up your mind , first you write that WE Don`t get to pick and
choose , than you
write that You Choose not to .....
So do we or don`t we choose ?

And please Don`t compare me to those people ...
mirjam
Old October 12th 08, 05:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Victoria ,,
The world does not consider Israel as Asian. Get off it. *You are in
what the entire world refers to as the Middle East.

the Middle East is partly or mainly on the east side of ASIA !!!!!In
fact the BIGGEST part of the Mid East is on ASIATIC GROUND !!!! it
also includes a few countries in Europe , And in Africa ,,,,But we
aren`t on those Continents we ARE IN ASIA !!!!!!!

You are not
Asian. *Your eyes are not slanty. *Once again you took what I said in
a literal sense and twisted it.

SURPRISE, there Are Many asiatic people who Don`t have slanted
eyes !!!! while there are people outside Asia, who als have such
eyes.... China and Japan are also Asia , and are also called FAR
EAST ,,,,,,, because they are on the FARTHER side of ASIA From
Europe !!!!!
Now as for spelling; is it Burka, Burkah or what?

I am not sure it is an Arabic word , either way Sounds ok ,,,
You don't know me or my intelligence level so best to keep it to
yourself. *Watch your own mind and I'll watch mine.

No i don`t know your inteligence level , but you Seem to lack plain
Geography knowlege !!!!
mirjam
Old October 12th 08, 05:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

And I say that is a big, blob of bull****. *Now what? *Are *you going
to argue with me over this or just see it as we each have
understanding of the situation and we each see through our own eyes? *

Victoria
calling somebody smelly names won`t change facts and researches ,,

I don't have to be a social worker. *Are you?

I used to be one.
mirjam
Old October 12th 08, 06:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

I am very sorry for you that it happened to you , But at 11 you
deffinitely were not responsible for anything that happened to you in
this way.
mirjam

When you grow up in Brooklyn by very liberal, worldly parents, or
should I say parent because my father had custody, you do. *I knew
what I was doing was wrong, yes, at 11. *Thanks for the sympathy, but
I don't feel like I need it. *I'm relatively whole and balanced with a
wonderfu husband. *I must have done something right.

Victoria

Victoria ,
even well balanced people can accept a sympathy , it never harms, and
is really meant
I don`t know why you think that having brought up by `liberal`
parents , makes you think that having been abused or raped at such a
young age , makes it your responsibility , It doesn`t esp not in
`Liberal People `, have learned to accept that it isn`t the woman`s
and esp, a Girl`s responsibilty that she was raped It is THE RAPER`s
responsibility ..... As a matter of fact even your second rape was
the RAPER`s responsibilty!!!! Accusing the women /girl for the rape
was and Alas still is the excuse of Dominant males....
Combine that with your compassion for the Attacking terrorists and we
get a very sad view of your opinons ,,,, Have you ever read about a
Stockholm Syndrom ???
having compaassion for murdering persons and taking upon yourself the
balme for being raped at 11 and 16. Helps the BAD side of
Humanity ,,,,
You Legitimize and Humanize CRIMINALS ,,,, with your attitude ..
mirjam .