New Hobby (NOT ON TOPIC)

Old December 29th 05, 05:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default New Hobby (NOT ON TOPIC)

Have a NEW HOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!! Rather the most EXPENSIVE one I have had to
date : )

I am now into "Body Piercing".....started at the bottom and on the LONGEST
Toe (pin goes in quite a ways and will fall out on its own when it's time).
Has a white plastic ball on the end..so when it does go away I will put it
on my 'thimble collection box' that Joe got me for Christmas (Old Printer's
box)

Received quite a surprise yesterday--Flowers from the Dr and Staff that did
the surgery : ) That is a first for me ; ) ((Think he heard about the Gatos
being hungry vbg))

((IF your squeamish, skip the rest of this))

The toe is already back to its normal length and hopefully will STAY here
after that pin comes out. I do have 2 more pins that are PERMANENT at the
base of that toe--as he did have to break that bone besides the one in my
toe. (can you hear me at the airport especially now that I have to get the
steel shanks in my sandals ; )

Well, it's back to the couch and foot back UP in the air.

Butterfly

Old December 29th 05, 05:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Yikes.... Just don't have any wires sticking out of your sandals at the
airport and you will be A O.K. Speedy recovery and hope the pin falls out
soon. It is cold outside anyhow so being under that "hug" of yours is a
good place to be for now.
Love you, Jeanbaby

Old December 29th 05, 06:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Wow, body piercing, would this be considered a mid life crisis? LOL - I had
my belly button pierced in my early 40's. DH says it was a mid life crisis.
I took it out as it was bothering me. Every time I rubbed my tummy I would
hit it. Sounds like the big toe wouldn't be a problem. Geez, too bad the
white plastic ball goes away. You could have obtained various colours to
match your outfit ;o). On a serious note, glad to read that all went well.
Do take good care of yourself and keep that foot up in the air. You'll be
dancing in no time, with special shoes of course!
--
Carole
Champlain, NY

Fine style does not make something true, nor has a man a wise soul
because he has a handsome face and well-chosen eloquence.

Aurelius Augustinus (354-430)

Old December 29th 05, 06:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Butterfly wrote:

[...]

Ooch! Ouch! eeeeek! Narsty! I will avoid stepping on toes and give
virtual ((((((hugs&getbetters)))))) to thew end with the grin!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old December 29th 05, 06:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Ouch!
This sounds gruesome and painful.
As I have crooked and badly aligned toes, your post got me scared! I
think I'll just keep my shoes on, in case any doctors see me!!

Marvellous attitude you have Butterfly. Make humour out of a piece of
surgery. Good on you.
Take care (but we know you are good at 'doctors' orders') and rest a
lot.

You're allowed to sit down to welcome in the New Year - just this once!
..
In message , Butterfly
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old December 29th 05, 10:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Really not that painful as I am on a 'regime' of PKs (painkillers) that has
kept me 'sane' and lots of ice. And I truly do NOT know the pin is in there.
This is my 3rd foot surgery (had 2 about 25 years ago) and out of all the
different kinds of surgeries I have had over the years---these so far have
been the least painful. Sure beats NOT being able to walk--or in so much
pain when you try to walk that tears are streaming down your face and you
really aren't crying.....(like when I broke the bone)
Also, helps to have a good and caring Dr. He checked on me every time he
came into the recovery room....so did the Anesthesiologist.
He did tell me that the longer you wait on foot problems the more
complicated the surgery gets.....easier to fix it now than wait........
Yeah, he told me what all could happen if I waited--didn't sound too kewl.
Sure glad it's behind me.

Butterfly (truly glad I did NOT wait)

"Patti" wrote in message
Ouch!
This sounds gruesome and painful.
As I have crooked and badly aligned toes, your post got me scared! I
think I'll just keep my shoes on, in case any doctors see me!!

Marvellous attitude you have Butterfly. Make humour out of a piece of
surgery. Good on you.
Take care (but we know you are good at 'doctors' orders') and rest a lot.

You're allowed to sit down to welcome in the New Year - just this once!
.
In message , Butterfly
writes

Old December 29th 05, 10:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Yah better be careful round me as I now have 2 canes (DD got one for me for
Christmas--bright red and we named it Sparkles). Haven't had to use them on
someone as of yet.........
Thanks for the hugs

Butterfly (QI sure keeps her distance LOLOLOL)

Old December 29th 05, 11:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

It's the toe next to the big toe.....and it is now the Longest toe ; )
Once heard, a long time ago, that the person whose 2nd toe is the LONGER
than the Big Toe in the family is the one that 'leads' the family. (Don't
know if this makes sense or not)

Butterfly (I don't want the responsibly--would hafta grow up : (

Old December 29th 05, 11:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article ,
"Butterfly" wrote:

[...]

Yikes, Butterfly! That sounds *so* painful! {{{Hugs}}}}
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old December 30th 05, 12:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Big sense!! Even though both my left big toe and second toe have been
shortened, second toe is still the longest - so I never give up!!
(Right foot is in its natural state - second toe bigger than big toe).
--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)

"Butterfly" wrote in message
[...]

Posting ON Topic threads Tia Mary Quilting 0 October 22nd 05 08:44 PM
Not entirely off topic Louise Quilting 5 May 30th 04 02:07 PM
Gentle reminder - mark Off Topic messages OT Barbara Hass Needlework 7 May 15th 04 04:38 PM
Good Idea? (on topic ramblings) Karlee in Kansas Quilting 4 December 11th 03 08:44 AM
Off Topic Turns On Topic & Fabric Shopping Lisa Ellis Quilting 0 September 9th 03 01:30 AM