..too much stash???

Old September 30th 05, 08:30 PM
spinninglilac

Nobody is arguing Noreen, a debate is all it is, agreed then, it still comes
from one pot...regardless of who the pay check is made out to....and
regardless of what you or others give Nora I still think if you or Nora in
this case, is taking on this charity comfortghans as well as tons of other
stuff, then there has to be a budget for it. Same as if I do a charity run,
I get sponsors to pay for the hire of a hall and printing etc, so when you
gave postage or whatever that was the same as a sponsor, but if the sponsor
stops, then the main money has to be looked at to work out if it is a viable
thing to do, or if there is a way around it all.......luckily for Nora,
there was a way around it....so much per week or month is allowed for...and
when Nora said that Tom gives her an allowance she meant that it comes out
of his share of the spending money....not hers....Tom allowed for this above
anything he may wish to buy for himself. Doesn't mean he would have to ask
Nora for more if he ran out, or visa versa. They both of them leave enough
in the main pot to cover the extra expenses of her charity runs..
Still regardless of who earns what. Your retort to Nora's first message was
that you couldn't understand why she had to ''ask'' for money.....she
doesn't! They do things together, including working out the bills, and now
her extra yarn/postage etc she needs for continuing to do this .. is allowed
for.....like any bill would be, and they never break into the bills....When
she said Tom gave her an allowance, what she meant was he suggested
it...What you personally gave her is immaterial now, if you were still
continuing to do it, maybe her DH wouldn't have suggested they make an
allowance for it. Although everything has got dearer and dearer as time has
gone on, so maybe he still would have. I still think it was good of him to
become involved in what she does and to give the go ahead for so much of
their money to be used on these charities. At least she isn't just taking
it out, spending it on others all the time, and not thinking about what is
left. This is being done together..by the pair of them as a couple. So no
way is this a case of what is mine is mine and I take what I want...the
money belongs to both of them, so they are both involved in how it is spent.

cheers..Cher

Old September 30th 05, 08:40 PM
spinninglilac

Well it is the same for her then isn't it? It comes from their joint
acc...only she doesn't give it.. they both do..and they both know what is
going where...every month or so an allowance has been saved to pay for this,
and DH has given his blessing on it being used, so she doesn't tell him
she's done it anymore, as he knows there is money allowed for in the budget
for this...at his suggestion....so long as she doesn't go over this then
they can afford it was all that was really said.....Cher

Snip
(when money wasn't as tight) given Nora $10.00 here and $5.00 there to
assist
her in the postage of the comfortaghans for the group. Did that come

from
MY earnings? Did it come from DON's earnings?
Just my 2 cents.
Noreen

Old September 30th 05, 08:55 PM
Ophelia

"spinninglilac" wrote in message
. uk...
[...]

I think Nora and her DH are saints.

Thank you for your clear understanding of the situation Cher

Old September 30th 05, 09:27 PM
Els van Dam

In article ,
"spinninglilac" wrote:

good grief Els....lol...Good job it's not in your Bra's, or it'd give a
whole new meaning to tinned milk....rofl.....mind you I've a mechnical
engineer this way and get much the same bits left about....never found any
in my underpants though.....plenty of nuts and bolts and some stick of hard
chalk stuff that he writes on steel with...in the washer caught in the
gasket by the front loading door......if he breaks it he can mend it...lol
I love finding money though and pocket it as obviously it's a 'tip' for me..
cheers....Cher

We did have some smiles about it at the time, now sweet Otto has his own
large workshop and my laundry is done upstairs, far away from his domain,
and close to my back deck and washing line....

Els
Old September 30th 05, 10:24 PM
Aud

"Ophelia" skrev i melding
. uk...

"Katherine" wrote in message
Aud wrote:
http://fuglemamma.sprayblogg.no/imag..._115000531.gif

ROTFL!!! THat is too funny, Aud!

...and what to do with too much stash....................

http://tinyurl.com/9axp2

Ophelia,
I thought the best idea was to build a much bigger house,
but this is cheaper!
AUD ;-)

Old September 30th 05, 11:47 PM
MRH

"Ophelia" wrote in message
. uk...

"Katherine" wrote in message
Aud wrote:
http://fuglemamma.sprayblogg.no/imag..._115000531.gif

ROTFL!!! THat is too funny, Aud!

...and what to do with too much stash....................

http://tinyurl.com/9axp2

And my son would say that I have enough yarn to do that, Ophelia! LOL

Peace!
Gemini

Old September 30th 05, 11:48 PM
MRH

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Aud,

No, you never have too much stash. My DH has started giving me a yarn
allowance to use every month to buy more yarn and I make sure I do that
too.

Hugs,

Nora

Aww, that's sweet of your husband to contribute to your comfortghan
projects, Nora! I think he must be a keeper! ;o)

Peace!
Gemini

Old October 1st 05, 08:24 AM
spinninglilac

Well Els the men have to have somewhere to 'play' the same as we do.....in
my case it appears that my crafts seem to spread out all over the house at
times, and I am forever taking up armfuls of stuff back to the
workroom....and I'm darned if I know how it got downstairs in the first
place(g) must be the ''little people'' interferring in the middle of the
night...lol...cher x

Old October 1st 05, 08:28 AM
spinninglilac

Ah now that reminds me of the little catch phrase I used to use at one time,
forget where I got it from now but others started using it so I dropped
it..I had it on my signatures at one time....

'''I think somehow my DH's work plans have got mixed up with my knitting
patterns, I am now knitting a ranch house'''

or something along those lines, then I changed it to a drawing of a
fish..gosh that was years ago....lol...Cher

"MRH" mthecarpenterATxcelcoDOTonDOTca wrote in message
"Ophelia" wrote in message
. uk...

Old October 1st 05, 09:04 AM
Ophelia

"Aud" wrote in message

"Ophelia" skrev i melding
. uk...

"Katherine" wrote in message
Aud wrote:
http://fuglemamma.sprayblogg.no/imag..._115000531.gif

ROTFL!!! THat is too funny, Aud!

...and what to do with too much stash....................

http://tinyurl.com/9axp2

Ophelia,
I thought the best idea was to build a much bigger house,
but this is cheaper!
AUD ;-)

True)