..too much stash???

Old September 29th 05, 10:16 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Well i am trying to stop myself from buying more ,,, thus before i
finnish 4 UFO s ,, no wool for me .
mirjam
On 29 Sep 2005 08:17:07 -0700, "LibraryCat513"
wrote:

My husband would agree with your husband. He's recently told me I
can't buy any more yarn til I use what I have, though that never stops
me from buying new yarn (even though I probably have enough to keep me
knitting and crochetting for a year straight without running out

Old September 29th 05, 11:38 PM

Hey! Who took pictures of my house??
Marie and the cats

Aud wrote:
http://fuglemamma.sprayblogg.no/imag..._115000531.gif

AUD ;-)

Old September 30th 05, 03:24 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Aud"
wrote:

http://fuglemamma.sprayblogg.no/imag..._115000531.gif

AUD ;-)

Well now that is funny, Aud.

In my family it is Otto who gets me in trouble that way with his iron
shavings from turning things in his basement, at the time we still lived
in Toronto, in a wee tiny house. We shared our tiny basment, washing
machine and sink on one side and workshop on the other side. Many a time
I would find little bits of fine steel and aluminium shavings in my
underpatns.....LOL

Els
Old September 30th 05, 05:59 AM
spinninglilac

Hi Noreen, you say you are dropping the subject, but have returned to my
post, so I must reply....

I don't believe it is a case of his and hers, Men don't use as much money
as women do, so Nora's DH likes to think that he's bought the charity
extra's even though it has still come out of the one original ''pot'', and
also it makes sure that Nora can buy stuff for others without her feeling
that teeny bit guilty about taking more than her fair share, especially as
it isn't going on her, but other people, and it's not like it is a one off
here and there like the rest of us who send her the odd item or so, but most
of the time, infact every week she is buying out of their shared ''pot'' for
someone else, stamps and postage and packing plus the extra yarns is quite
alot extra to take out each week....alot of men wouldn't like that really,
so for her DH to say spend so much on your charity stuff a week is also his
way of giving his blessing for their money to be used on other people.

So what infact has happened is, so much of the money is used for their
household bills, then out of what is left, so much aweek has been thought
about for the extra charity stuff, then what's left is theirs to use on
themselves, as and when they feel like it. It also has an underlying
element too, it ensures that Nora doesn't spend too much every week on the
rest of us. I think it a good idea, she doesn't go over this budget, her dh
knows where the money goes, of which he has that right to know, and she
isn't just drawing out all the time on us lot..
Some women just take take take, without any consideration as to what is left
for DH to spend, taking as and when you want to for yourself is one thing
Noreen, but taking out all the time for other families is entirely
different. Doing this all the time as Nora does, I know for a fact I'd
have to budget for it as well. So guess I'm looking at it from a different
angle...

Nora and her DH have obviously talked about what it costs her per week or
per month to do her charity stuff, which she likes to do, because that is
her nature to think all the time of others, and so her DH has come up with
...''use so much a week for this Nora, and then it'll be from both of us..''
Cos when you think about it, we may or may not send her the odd couple of
squares, but their family income is being used every week, to buy extra yarn
to edge it all and sew it all up, and then there are the cards to go with
it, the paper and puffy bags and sticky tape (she must use a yard of that a
week on it's own) to say nothing of the cost of the postage for very often
quite large parcels. So I'm looking at it from the family budget side of
it, and what it must cost them out of their own pockets to do this...

Cheers...Cher

Old September 30th 05, 10:28 AM
Katherine

Aud wrote:
http://fuglemamma.sprayblogg.no/imag..._115000531.gif

ROTFL!!! THat is too funny, Aud!

Katherine

Old September 30th 05, 10:31 AM
Katherine

Els van Dam wrote:
In article , "Aud"
wrote:

http://fuglemamma.sprayblogg.no/imag..._115000531.gif

AUD ;-)

Well now that is funny, Aud.

In my family it is Otto who gets me in trouble that way with his iron
shavings from turning things in his basement, at the time we still
lived in Toronto, in a wee tiny house. We shared our tiny basment,
washing machine and sink on one side and workshop on the other side.
Many a time I would find little bits of fine steel and aluminium
shavings in my underpatns.....LOL

LOL Another chuckle this morning!

Katherine

Old September 30th 05, 11:08 AM
Ophelia

"Katherine" wrote in message
Aud wrote:
http://fuglemamma.sprayblogg.no/imag..._115000531.gif

ROTFL!!! THat is too funny, Aud!

....and what to do with too much stash....................

http://tinyurl.com/9axp2

Old September 30th 05, 11:08 AM
spinninglilac

good grief Els....lol...Good job it's not in your Bra's, or it'd give a
whole new meaning to tinned milk....rofl.....mind you I've a mechnical
engineer this way and get much the same bits left about....never found any
in my underpants though.....plenty of nuts and bolts and some stick of hard
chalk stuff that he writes on steel with...in the washer caught in the
gasket by the front loading door......if he breaks it he can mend it...lol
I love finding money though and pocket it as obviously it's a 'tip' for me..
cheers....Cher

Old September 30th 05, 03:10 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

"spinninglilac" wrote in message
. uk...
[...]

FYI, I don't want to argue.
Don and I both donate to many charities in different ways AND together. It
all comes from one pot, doesn't matter who earned what where.
FYI, also, not that I'm looking for a pat on the back, but I have (when
money wasn't as tight) given Nora $10.00 here and $5.00 there to assist her
in the postage of the comfortaghans for the group. Did that come from MY
earnings? Did it come from DON's earnings?
Just my 2 cents.
Noreen

Old September 30th 05, 03:50 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message

[...]

Addendum: I personally disagree about women/wives who take and take.
I've seen more men (no offense meant to guys on this list) who blow their
entire paycheck in bars or lotteries, etc.
My final two cents on the subject.
Noreen'