Protect painted models

Old May 21st 05, 06:45 AM
Neo Hawkeye

Default Protect painted models

Is there any sort of varnish that I can paint over my models to protect
the paint from being scratched off. At the moment it seems to scratch
off a little to easy.

Thanks

Neo

Old May 21st 05, 09:25 AM
mermaidscove_com

Assuming the models are polymer clay- if you are using acrylics they
are water based and the clay contains oil, that keeps it from sticking
well. Have you tried varathane? It seems to be the most popular finish
with future floor finish coming in second.

Ingrid

Old May 21st 05, 03:06 PM
Helen Halla Fleischer

| On Sat, 21 May 2005 05:45:33 GMT, Neo Hawkeye wrote:

Is there any sort of varnish that I can paint over my models to protect
the paint from being scratched off. At the moment it seems to scratch
off a little to easy.

I'd go with what works with the paint. Future gloss medium and varnish, for
instance, or Golden's version with UV protection. Future works with most
acrylics and that's what I use most often. It also helps to wash the
surface with rubbing alcohol before you paint.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer, Fantasy & Fiber Artist
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Balticon Art Program Coordinator http://www.balticon.org
Old May 21st 05, 03:58 PM
Neo Hawkeye

On 2005-05-21 15:06:01 +0100, Helen Halla Fleischer
said:

| On Sat, 21 May 2005 05:45:33 GMT, Neo Hawkeye wrote:

Is there any sort of varnish that I can paint over my models to protect
the paint from being scratched off. At the moment it seems to scratch
off a little to easy.

I'd go with what works with the paint. Future gloss medium and varnish, for
instance, or Golden's version with UV protection. Future works with most
acrylics and that's what I use most often. It also helps to wash the
surface with rubbing alcohol before you paint.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer, Fantasy & Fiber Artist
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Balticon Art Program Coordinator http://www.balticon.org

Ok once again this group has been most helpfull. Its nice to be in a
group where there is no flaming going on and just simple questions to
simple answers.

Thanks people.

Neo

Old May 21st 05, 05:16 PM
Polly S.

Neo Hawkeye wrote:

Ok once again this group has been most helpfull. Its nice to be in a
group where there is no flaming going on and just simple questions to
simple answers.

Thanks people.

Shhhhhhh!

--
Polly

--
don't spook my groove...
icq 13968113
Old May 22nd 05, 02:56 PM
Helen Halla Fleischer

| On Sat, 21 May 2005 14:06:01 GMT, Helen Halla Fleischer wrote:

I'd go with what works with the paint. Future*** gloss medium and varnish, for
instance, or Golden's version with UV protection. Future works with most
acrylics and that's what I use most often. It also helps to wash the
surface with rubbing alcohol before you paint.

***OOPS! I meant to say Liquitex there!

Helen "Halla" Fleischer, Fantasy & Fiber Artist
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Balticon Art Program Coordinator http://www.balticon.org

Painted Ponies...Cows....Creamers....Hearts...Pigs....Frogs Dr. Sooz Beads 130 January 20th 05 03:14 PM
New Designer "Models" lula Needlework 1 December 21st 04 03:01 PM
100 % hand painted fabrics pbquiltartist Marketplace 0 December 7th 04 12:24 PM
Protect your Address book CHARLES MURPHY Quilting 4 November 11th 03 03:26 AM
Looking for finished models of FanXstitch or PhoeniX Stitchery designs Fanxstitch Needlework 0 July 30th 03 11:16 PM